Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased the 2R Racing Tip for my 2021 Grizzly with not a ton of research. It seemed like a reasonably cheap way to add a better exhaust note without buying a brand new exhaust. I installed it and sounds good but I haven't had a chance to take it out for a spin. In the mean time, my brother-in-law forwarded my a post where a rider's racing tip fell off and torched their plastics. It got me digging deeper and was surprised to read a few things.

The biggest complaint funny enough was noise. I find this strange since I thought it wasn't really much louder than stock. But some are enough calling it obnoxious. That was not what I was going for, so that's disappointing. The more concerning factor is some complaining about the fact it makes the machine run even leaner than these machines already do. With backfiring and the machine cutting out when idling. I don't know if there are any long term side affects to running these tips without a tuner or not. 2RRacing's website says that there is no need to worry about fuel mixtures as the Grizzly's fuel injection system has enough self adjustment to handle it.

So long rant short, is there anyone running one of these on a new 19 and up Grizzly? My research found mostly older posts. It seems many are running these whiskeybent pipes which produce less noise but better sound than stock. I'm pretty much at the point of just putting my stock tip back on in fear lol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am running that on my grizzly and absolutely love the sound of it. It will absolutely be louder than the stock tip for sure but it isn’t obnoxious imo like a lot of slip ons .

I will be adding tuner to mine shortly but planned to either way, I tune everything I get eventually just because most of these things run pretty lean out of the box.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts