Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For many the 2R tip is a bit loud for there use, but we want to open the exhaust for a better flow, so why not put in a reducer to take it down to 1 1/2" or 1 1/4" even, the reducer could be drilled & tapped in or glued & use self tapper screws, might be worth a look :smile2:

·
Registered
54 Posts
I made a 1.5" with a small baffel in it' i really didn't notice any performance gains and it was a little louder than the factory, but after listening to it all day it was ge.tting on my nerves so i took it off n went back to the factory one.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe the baffle had something to do with it idk, was the exhaust note different to make you take it off?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yea the note was deeper with a bit of a crackle and a bit louder as well' still cant getaway from the backfiring these's bike's are renowed for though' that wasn't annoying me just the loudness overall.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gotcha.

·
Premium Member
2,196 Posts
I didn't think the 2r tip was too loud when I had it but it really comes down to personal preference.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I installed this between the muffler and 2R tip and it cut the loudness down about half which worked for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Where did you find that screen looking part for the exhaust?
Marcus40

·
Registered
365 Posts
can’t get pic to work sorry ��

1 - 9 of 9 Posts