Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure ive read the answer in the forums already. About to put 30” zillas on my 2015 grizzly 700. Currently running 27” mudlites. Current set up is hot rod sheave,17 gram weights .5 mm shim, purple secondary spring, snorkle, hmf exhaust and power commander. Curious if i would need to change anything for the zillas. Seems like the weight difference is minimal but wanna make sure i wont lose too much power in the bottom of a mud hole. Basically with these on ill be riding mostly deep mud.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I ran 30x11 wild thangs (basically zilla) on my 07 with a 1.6 shim and purple spring. Never had any issue, I did go to a machined sheeve to get my top end back and that performed flawlessly. I think you are way ahead of that already so you should be fine.

·
Premium Member
10,629 Posts
What's the true difference in tire diameter between the two tires you mentioned?
The percentage difference in tire diameters will be very close to the low end pull percentage difference in tough conditions.
Riding style and conditions will determine if you need all the available power to the ground.
Also, your pulley ratio will become important as you near the point of breaking stock axles, do you know your ratio?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts