Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new to the forum and I’m about to buy a used 2014 grizzly 700 eps and it’s completely stock. I’m wanting to lift it and put 31 outlaws on it on 14 inch ITP SS 316s I’m wondering what lift should I buy and what kind of axles should I run and also what clutch mods do I need to do to get some of my power back on the low end and top end?I’ll mainly be riding trails but also will be in peanut butter mud and sandy mud and also will be riding in water to. I’m gonna put a wild boar radiator relocator on it and a snorkelyouratv snorkel kit and I also want to put and exhaust on it so what exhaust will sound good and be loud but not to loud? Thanks for all your help in advance

·
Registered
247 Posts
Welcome to the Grizzly Central family. I personally have never ran the outlaws (too heavy for my liking) but I do run 30x11 zillas on a couple of mine. Shim mod is probably the easiest of the clutch mods although I am not sure with those tires if that will be enough. Some will say they like their setup and some will say it needs more I'm sure. I have done 4 lighter weights mixed with the grizzly weights, 1.9 shim, and a gold spring and it works well for me. Axles are another subject... lol! With 31 outlaws I have a gut feeling that even with the best thumb control its going to eat some axles. I ran rhinos on my old 07 grizzly 700 and they did well for me. (no lift) Hopefully this will get you pointed in the general direction and someone with direct knowledge can give you some better advice. Either way your starting out with a pretty reliable and trustworthy machine!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Cooper 45 machined sheave and what ever spring he recommends to ya.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Those Outlaws are going to be heavy. I ride 29.5 terms and I look for the mud. You will need mods to spin in peanut butter. I would say first pull your cover and see if the previous owner did any mods, see what your ration is. At the end of the day you will need Coop45 to machine your primary and the shim mod to go with. If you can get your ratio to be 3-1 and better then you should be okay.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well boys I bought my grizzly 700 yesterday. I found a good deal on a 2012 grizzly 700 with 1600 miles on it and the guy a bought it from put me some new 29.5 outlaw 2s on it with some 14 inch ss wheels and put a .7mm shim in it for me. What other mods would you consider?? It’s got a 2 inch highlifter lift with a gorilla axle radiator relocator

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
0.7 shim isn't very much..... 1.7mm would much better. Upgrading to a stronger spring would also be recommended.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was also wondering what kind of exhaust? Hmf, big gun, or 2 brothers?? Also if I put one on do I have to put a fuel controller on to?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Just put a big gun on mine and it is stupid loud. I'm currently looking at ways to quiet it down some. I like the deep tone and even cruising is ok but when I get down into it its way to much for me. That is without a quiet core or spark arrestor as I didn't have them when I got it for my old grizzly when I had it and eventually went back to stock exhaust on that one. 2012s I don't believe NEED a tuner but I think it may be a good idea. I do know the 2016s and up definitely do because of how lean they run from the factory but that was not necessarily the case for the 07-15s. I do like the hmf titan qs but they're a bit pricey I've noticed. Hope this helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts