Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
New to the forum.
I have a Grizzly 700 and it appears that the 4 wheel drive is not disconnecting. the diagram on the dash is showing all four wheels connected. Is the switch bad??

David

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Could be one of many things wrong. The switch is the most likely suspect. First you should just clean the contacts. In most cases this fixes the issue.
Go to 501 Parts.com Yamaha 4wd System Parts and Repair and all the information is there.

Depending on year, your switch may under a recall. What year is yours?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hate to be ignorant but i don't really know what year. I bought it new 4-5 years a go. It never leaves my property and only has 210 miles on it. Garaged. Thank you for the response. I will look into getting the switch cleaned.

·
Premium Member
2,196 Posts
Welcome to GC from Tn. and hope the switch is the issue because that's a cheap and easy fix.

·
Registered
2017 Grizzly
352 Posts
There are a few youtube's on cleaning the switch, they are also pretty cheap and found a few on Ebay.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,517 Posts
Do you have a title or certificate of origin for the machine? If not, you can find the year with a VIN decoder online. The VIN should be located on the lower frame rearward of the front left wheel. You may have to remove or move a piece of plastic to set it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts