Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

101 - 120 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Hey BlandJax,

I use KeePass Password Safe it a great, easy to use, small free password program. It can create and store passwords for any application. You will only need to remember one very strong password to open it.

Been using it for years.
Thanks, reogem, so this only stores them? I just downloaded it and am looking around. Was wondering if it could sign you into site?

·
Premium Member
7,218 Posts
You can copy and paste your userid and password or keepass can fill in both for you.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Random

Stopped by to say howdy and share some things not grizzly related.

This is what happens when your o.c.d and a.d.d
poor truck it's been taking my time up

I made a paint can shaker out of 2 in inside dia pvc
https://youtu.be/6w_rOMJcx8k

Babbit's part house has an app in play store if your interested.

·
Premium Member
7,218 Posts
Too funny.. love that paint shaker.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
paint shaker

Thanks yeah that's 2.1 version of the paint shaker, the one holding it was 1.9 just way to slow,lol

It's kinda funny I can make things when I am trying to fix something else. I guess while I am trying to figure the wiring out I have had ideas for a quick release for my plano 1510 on the grizzly, any ideas?

Hope we get some snow down here in the south but I don't believe we will get much if any. Damn ole coppers hate atv's around my area. I live in a huge subdivision and certain parts the neighbors wave and one area shakes their fist and that's just putting along.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #106
In my journey to find Grizzhoppers page for the rev override.

http://www.grizzlycentral.com/forum/grizzly-tech-tips/48249-water-temp-gauge-install-pics-tips.html#post457383

This uses the over heat light as the reverse indicator light.

http://www.grizzlycentral.com/forum/grizzly-electrical-lighting/23717-02-03-660-override-button-mod.html#post223471

Kinda like the horn idea.

04 Addition of Rev Override

Grizzhopper's

I'm still looking for reverse lights, so this is a reminder or idea.

http://www.grizzlycentral.com/forum/grizzly-electrical-lighting/14723-lord-said-let-there-light.html#post144922

I hear relay so I wounder could you put a second wire with relay off the reverse light on the pod directly to your reverse lights?

1/4 Quarter Turn Captive Fastener
Something like this for my plano 1510

Have a good one

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
reverse lights

Man for the longest time I couldn't find 87 or 87a in the grizzly wire diagram till yesterday I seen a post with the word relay in it, sense I am wiring my truck I know there are relays so I wanted to learn something about them and that's when I found 85,86,87 and 30 on a 4 prong relay 87a would be a fifth on these multi purpose relays. Man don't forget to dumb this down for some of us.

Multi purpose relay is nothing more then a switch. It needs a power supply and a ground to make contact

86 is your trigger
85 is your ground
87 and 30 when they make contact completes the circuit "like cutting the wire and then touching it back together" that's my understanding and I tested it so that's what I'm going with.

So here goes my theory. when you put your bike in reverse the pod light comes on."I don't know the color,yet."

Splice wire into that wire that feeds power to the reverse light indicator light on the pod, then take that new wire and connect it to 86 on your relay. That will power the trigger.

Ground 85 to battery.

30 run ground wire to battery.
87 run wire to ground on lights.
run power wire to the light to the + battery.

So basically all your doing is grounding your back up light when you put the bike in reverse, not sure why I went with the ground though I read someone saying all the other indicators were on grounds, something like that. I think this would keep the pod light on as well.

I know it works on my bench and if you guys tried this on your bikes working or not please jump in here before some one burns up their bike. Im going to do it as soon as I find what wire in the reverse wire.

Thanks.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
reverse lights

Man for the longest time I couldn't find 87 or 87a in the grizzly wire diagram till yesterday I seen a post with the word relay in it, sense I am wiring my truck I know there are relays so I wanted to learn something about them and that's when I found 85,86,87 and 30 on a 4 prong relay 87a would be a fifth on these multi purpose relays. Man don't forget to dumb this down for some of us.

Multi purpose relay is nothing more then a switch. It needs a power supply and a ground to make contact

86 is your trigger
85 is your ground
87 and 30 when they make contact completes the circuit "like cutting the wire and then touching it back together" that's my understanding and I tested it so that's what I'm going with.

So here goes my theory. when you put your bike in reverse the pod light comes on."I don't know the color,yet."

Splice wire into that wire that feeds power to the reverse light indicator light on the pod, then take that new wire and connect it to 86 on your relay. That will power the trigger.

Ground 85 to battery.

30 run ground wire to battery.
87 run wire to ground on lights.
run power wire to the light to the + battery.

So basically all your doing is grounding your back up light when you put the bike in reverse, not sure why I went with the ground though I read someone saying all the other indicators were on grounds, something like that. I think this would keep the pod light on as well.

I know it works on my bench and if you guys tried this on your bikes working or not please jump in here before some one burns up their bike. Im going to do it as soon as I find what wire in the reverse wire.

Thanks.
I just added a remote but did notice the kill switch stops any feed back.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Thanksgiving 2016

Ha ha I remembered my password. First I would like to thank everyone that helped me save tons of money on my grizz. Nothing new to report other then oil filter is working great.I know this isn't a Can Hammed site but Precision 811 "moog" works for the rear universal joints.

I voted Trump simply because a civil war is easier to defuse then a global war which I believe Hillary would have started. And yet I still believe there are some in our gOv that want total control of the mass and the mass is to stupid to realize this, good and evil. Been working on wiring for truck almost a year and I was able to start truck wahoo.

I want to build a skid plate but can not find the material local. mostly in Canada. wonder if someone could or would build it for me and I can pay them? I like Rkcrwlr's plans.

I would like to do a coop45 mod for just added options or is someone better?

whelp that's my rant for the moment, be safe out there

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
reverse rev limiter wire

Howdy, Hey am looking to do the reverse rev limiter and this is the only green/white trace wire I have found. The bullet connection was already there, might be why I'm a little confused.
Thanks.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
so that was the green white wire I needed, this is what I did to it,

I just added a splice in between the bullet connections with a connection to the battery, also added a toggle switch and a red light onto the console in hopes the red light would come on when the reverse light went out, what I got is a red light that stays on all the time until you put it in reverse then it goes out, once I short the reverse limiter it comes back on and the normal reverse light goes out. I had to connect it to the ignition switch so what I'll tell anyone that ask what that little red light is thats on all the time is, I'll explain it lets me know if the circuit is still functioning.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #113 (Edited)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
When I repaired my front shaft I replaced the front diff seal
Besides the shaft assembly you will need parts 6,8,9
you will also need part 14

Welding an extension on the engine side coupling is one way to repair the issue with the shaft being too short. However you need specialized equipment and skills.

Simplest repair is to elongate the frame side diff mounting holes ¼" toward the engine with a round file or a roto grinder.
took me less than 20 minutes with a file.
This allows the diff to slide toward the engine taking up the slack.
UPDATE JUNE 12-2017

Need to replace shaft with less then a 500 miles on the new one. I now have elongated mounting holes ready for new shaft. Wish I had done this in the beginning, good advice and real easy just have faith in yourself.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
front axle

I wasn't paying attention and wanted to ask how the cage,inner race and bearing went back on so I found these videos and I hope they are right... My other question is what grease can I use so I can buy a tube of it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Fuel in crankcase 06/04/2019

Man been long time. Howdy all, Hope everyone is having the day they deserve.

2004 660. Drained oil/gas mixture,lol. Gonna pull carb and I am seeking info on any upgrades I could do to it while it is out and if there is anything else I should be looking for?

Thanks in advance for sure.

plus they get an app or mobile site?

·
Premium Member
7,218 Posts
Man been long time. Howdy all, Hope everyone is having the day they deserve.

2004 660. Drained oil/gas mixture,lol. Gonna pull carb and I am seeking info on any upgrades I could do to it while it is out and if there is anything else I should be looking for?

Thanks in advance for sure.

plus they get an app or mobile site?
Been along time! Great have you back.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Been along time! Great have you back.
Thank you. Hows life been treating you? Here to pick your brain. Found gas in the crank case,I pulled the seat and air cover and when I tried to start it there was blow back into the air box. I figure float stuck maybe shut off not working either way I'd like to replace carburetor. My question would be what else could have got ruined? With the oil drained is there anything else I need to do to the engine to clean it out?

Carburetor you have any suggestions rebuild or replace, they both seem to be cheap enough. I read somewhere about setting new jets make it run faster/better, I don't know.

·
Premium Member
7,218 Posts
Fuel flooded crankcase is almost always a stuck flat needle with the fuel shut off open.
Most times just draining the oil and changing the filter is enough. It is a good idea to set a bucket under both left wheels for a few hours then do the right side. Then set it flat for a few hours. Do all of this with the drain plug out There are areas in the crankcase that may not drain otherwise.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

101 - 120 of 145 Posts