Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

141 - 153 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #141

Thanks dezz, I had put a switch on the rev limiter mod so I could switch back and forth case one of the kids rode it and when I put new carb on I forgot what wire went where, I'm an idiot. Got it fixed but I would say that neutral switch is bad because when I turn off the ground it won't run right. Was worried I screwed up carb may still have but least I know, Thanks again sometimes its easier for me to bounce ideas and you guys r only ones that will bounce it back.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
I swear I got it running good buttoned it all up and now crap again, carb might be out of adjustment but now reverse light started to blink while being grounded.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #143

Guess I need those, As hard as it was to try and adjust while put together and big hands I can't believe it fell out.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
When I seat the original pilot needle would that just be snug or should I stop as soon as I feel resistance ?
I would also like to have a pilot needle like the one pictured below. So where,how would I find what fits my carb? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #145

Hamster water bottle for my temporary fuel tank.

Reactions: reogem

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
So this is my problem with Caltric carb. I think I can cut it down or just use it for parts. I did mention this to the company and asked what their thoughts were on the issue and all they could do is tell me it was out of warranty.
Caltric Carb

What do guys think? link is a visual of the issue I think I am having so if any of you knowledgeable folks can take a look see, would be most appreciated, Thanks.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
carb adjust tube.jpg The tube I am in search of manufacture and name of the threaded tube. I know it's for the throttle cable pressed into the throttle cable housing. I break shit no one knows the names for I even found one name as Thingy so Mikuni requested 1000 of these thingys. If I can make one or tap and die the carb either way still need to know the name of the part. I've tried to thread one at 6.75 pitch but it doesn't work and in the process I crushed it.

How can I tell what model Mikuni carb I have and what would be a good rebuild kit? I'm not giving up on the Caltric crap carb or that tube name but I want my bike running. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
So I didn't give up but I bought another Carb this time from partdiscounter, we will see suppose to be here Monday I am also looking for a Flex Jet Air/Fuel Mixture Screw for this carb maybe this way I can adjust the flow while riding the bike and don't have to try and my get my gorilla hands in there.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Measured throttle plate hole engine side came out to be 41.7 rounded up 42.
BSR variable venturi carburetor, vacuum operated.
Mikuni BSR42

·
Registered
106 Posts
I wouldn't sell a caltric part to my worst enemy. Two failed wet clutches in a single year.

Get an ultrasonic cleaner, and clean your oem carb. Much better idea.

Also, check your carb diaghrams.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
I wouldn't sell a caltric part to my worst enemy. Two failed wet clutches in a single year.

Get an ultrasonic cleaner, and clean your oem carb. Much better idea.

Also, check your carb diaghrams.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk
Yeah I wanted a spare plus something to throw in the bike while I rebuilt the mikuni. I'm not so sure I'd buy another PD42J carb. I've had good luck with parts from Caltric but won't buy from them anymore. I did buy another carb from Partdiscounter and ran into the same issue it also a PD42J carb but this time I tried to make sure it wasn't and when I received it I knew. They did reimburse me after I tried to show them the issue and let me keep the carb as well. I called Yamaha a week ago with questions about the piece no one seems to know the name of. Got a call back yesterday so I'll see what they have to say. I'll find me another mikuni for sure. Been looking at ultra cleaners might try building one.

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
BlindJax- check your PM box!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
I called Yamaha about a week or so ago talked to a real nice lady Jenny. I asked a few questions and she had to get back to me, she left a message yesterday so I called today and got a few answered but the name of that cable guide/throttle cable guide/ throttle cable adjuster/tube and someone even called it a thingy, pictured in #147 still eludes me. It sure is nice when someone steps out of their way to find answers for their customers.

141 - 153 of 153 Posts