Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been working on a 350 Grizzly and it has a problem i can not figure out. It will run for 7-10 miles and it well choke and bang cough and die. If I let it sit for a few min. it will start back up and run. I have changed the coil and spark plug, it had some carb problems got a brand new one. I have even changed the ignition control box witch was $376. Any ideas or thoughts??? I have also adjusted the valves changed the neutral safety switches.

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
Check the fuel tank vent. Might be plugged.

·
Premium Member
7,924 Posts
X2...
Check the fuel tank vent. Might be plugged.

Also try running with the petcock set to reserve. It main pickup maybe faulty or plugged causing the the Griz to run out of gas.

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
Check the kill switch when it dies just to eliminate that.

·
Premium Member
5,697 Posts
Years ago, My sons Honda 420 was doing something similar, ended up being a fuel filter, more like a screen in the gas tank that was blocking and starving machine. Even the dealer. Politely debated with me that the machine did not have one, once fixed, all good.

Is there a simple way to see if gas is still flowing when motor dies?

Reactions: Madkawi750

·
Registered
269 Posts
I've had a fuel filter on a 4wd do that to me, one of those inline ryco doings, sent me to the bottle trying to find it :crying:
Some carbs have a screw on the bowl to let what's in the bowl come out the bowl over flow hose, not unheard of to have the jets clog up after cleaning out the bowl with more crap coming out of the tank, carby breather holes/hoses clogged up from insect making a home in it, fuel line having a high loop in it causing an air lock, I do like the blocked tank vent though, if it has a vent hose make sure it's not that which is pinched somewhere. All a game of elimination.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've had a fuel filter on a 4wd do that to me, one of those inline ryco doings, sent me to the bottle trying to find it

Some carbs have a screw on the bowl to let what's in the bowl come out the bowl over flow hose, not unheard of to have the jets clog up after cleaning out the bowl with more crap coming out of the tank, carby breather holes/hoses clogged up from insect making a home in it, fuel line having a high loop in it causing an air lock, I do like the blocked tank vent though, if it has a vent hose make sure it's not that which is pinched somewhere. All a game of elimination.[/QOTE] Thanks for the input will check those line..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts