Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to swap my 2015 grizzly engine into a 2008 grizzly.

I bought my 2015 new back in 2016 and hit a tree last fall. It totalled the bike, bent the frame badly and destroyed all the plastics. My friend has a 2008 grizzly with a blown motor and I’m wondering if this swap can be done. I know the 07-13 frames are the same and the 14-15 are different but not sure what’s different about them.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I’m looking to swap my 2015 grizzly engine into a 2008 grizzly.

I bought my 2015 new back in 2016 and hit a tree last fall. It totalled the bike, bent the frame badly and destroyed all the plastics. My friend has a 2008 grizzly with a blown motor and I’m wondering if this swap can be done. I know the 07-13 frames are the same and the 14-15 are different but not sure what’s different about them.
The 14-15 are two inches wider, and the exhaust systems are different as well as the engine (head, piston) are different. I'm not sure about electrical, and wiring harness etc..... That's all I can tell you off the top of my head.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
My biggest question is if the engine mounts and drive shafts will line up.
They will , 07 to 15 all have the same crankcase and driveline system.

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
Due to different fuel calibrations on the 2014/2015 models, you'll more than likely need to change over the complete wiring harness and all electrical components with the engine to make sure it all works....this includes the gauge cluster.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts