Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
I personally prefer the XPATV lift over the HL lift. It costs a good bit more, but it is so much better built. Instead of 4 brackets like the HL lift has, the XP lift has 2 solid bars that reach from one shock to the other. Sturdier design IMO.

Here are a couple links for this topic. First is of the Xtreme vs. HL lift.
http://www.highlifter.com/forum/Xtreme_lif..._3024937/tm.htm

This is a link to Silveradols pics over on highlifter. Check out the pics of the HL lift then the Xtreme lift to see the differences that I'm referring to.
http://s38.photobucket.com/albums/e135/Silveradols/

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've done some product reviews on a lot of stuff and here is my honest opinion about the HL lift...

It's junk. All it is, is a stupid bracket lift they charge you out of the butt for. If you have non-aggressive tires you might make it without breaking too many axles if you aren't serious about mud riding. Serious mud riding, you will break axles with that lift....without a doubt. When I had my grizz on 28" laws for over a year I was still on the stock axles. The same day I put the HL 2" lift on I broke a front axle. After that I couldn't make a ride without breaking one in a hole, and I wasn't about to give up mud riding. I finally put all Gorilla's on the bike and even then I would always be breaking axles. Put the big huge lift on and did it the right way and haven't broke one axle in almost 2 years.

Basically...you will be WAY MORE LIKELY to break axles with that lift. With aggressive tires there is no doubt.

IMHO and I do know quite a bit about mud riding...I would suggest leaving your bike how it is. That little bit of GC won't make enough of a difference to matter in the mud holes. Hell, if you have to get pulled out by your buddy that has that crap lift on his bike...o well, let him laugh at you. Afterall, you'll be the one who's laughing when you have to tow him home because he's snapped all his axles.
What did you do for your big lift ?

·
Premium Member
9,270 Posts
What did you do for your big lift ?
Welcome from Colorado.
This thread may not be monitored by those from 12 years ago, I suggest you start a new thread to look at what others have these days.
I don't use a lift kit so can't help.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts