Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 grizz 700 that I will be installing a 734 bbk with the 10:1 compression ratio and was curious if there was enough adjustment in the pod to just get me by until I have the extra cash for a controller. Or just wait it out to break it in with a controller? Stock exhaust on it now and stock everything else... any info would be greatly appreciated. New to the forum btw.. Lol and any recommendations for break in would be great also.. thank you in advance

·
Registered
84 Posts
You should be fine since you have stock exhaust and air.

Mine has the trinity bbk on it and I ran it without a tuner with factory exhaust/snorkel. It did run a bit lean but ran fine. I threw my hmf on after, ran like shit. Tuner on now all is good. I don’t know if yours is different but with my bbk I have to run premium gas I believe it’s 91 octane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot! That definitely helps me out.. eventually I'll get one with a pipe. And I always run premium in my bikes.. thanks again!

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
I have a 2007 grizz 700 that I will be installing a 734 bbk with the 10:1 compression ratio and was curious if there was enough adjustment in the pod to just get me by until I have the extra cash for a controller. Or just wait it out to break it in with a controller? Stock exhaust on it now and stock everything else... any info would be greatly appreciated. New to the forum btw.. Lol and any recommendations for break in would be great also.. thank you in advance
I strongly suggest you contact other members who have experience building these higher compression big bore motor's before assuming everything will be fine. These motors run lean in stock form already, your engine will mechanical take deeper breaths, taking in more air volume, and run even leaner then a stock. Just food for thought

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
I strongly suggest you contact other members who have experience building these higher compression big bore motor's before assuming everything will be fine. These motors run lean in stock form already, your engine will mechanical take deeper breaths, taking in more air volume, and run even leaner then a stock. Just food for thought
I don’t believe the 07’s were lean. That started in 14 when Uncle Sam stuck his nose in our motors, I believe.

As for the question asked, I have no idea. But somebody who has experience with that should be along anytime. And there’s probably a thousand threads here on the subject. Search this in google or your address bar- site:grizzlycentral.com pod mod

·
Premium Member
10,670 Posts
Thanks a lot! That definitely helps me out.. eventually I'll get one with a pipe. And I always run premium in my bikes.. thanks again!
Welcome from Colorado.
I suggest breaking in with short time duration heat cycles from cold to hot to cold to......for the first few rides depending on length of ride. This prevents long held constant r.p.m. pulls, and you can do plug readings along the way to check the mixture. Take a couple extra plugs.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks guys.. I know I should just search but I have nonstop and can't find a definitive answer, but I have another question, so I have a new battery and starter and it cranks over very slowly like too much compression or hydrolocked.. put jumper cables from my truck to the battery while truck was running and didn't help. I put a meter on it and while the jumpers were on it it had 14 volts and when I tried turning it over it dropped a lot! To 7 volts or so.. any possible issues come to mind? Things I can test or check? It did this even before the bbk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
O and it did turn over fast/normal then it did this, then just before tearing it apart it cranked normal, then put it back together and it's back.. I'm lost.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Sound like engine decompression mech not working. Have you had any of this apart before ? Pin could be broken or hung up inside cam.

Without this working you will burn up cables and can melt the post off battery as well.

Surprised the voltage would drop that low hooked up with boosters to your truck

·
Registered
797 Posts
You were totally right.. the pin was broke on the decompression mech.. big relief. Thank u again guys.

I JUST THOUGHT IT WAS ONLY ME THAT HAD BAD LUCK FOR ME. I WAS THINKING BECAUSE I HAVE THE AFTERMARKET KIBBLEWHITE SPRINGS IT WAS MORE LOAD ON LITTLE PIN.

DID IT SHEAR RIGHT WHERE THE FLAT AREA IS MACHINED ON ROUND PIN AT END ?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll have to take a pic for ya.. it wasn't the pin in the camshaft, it was the tiny pin that turns the shaft that goes into the cam. Can't believe I missed it but it's fixed now and runs amazing and starts easy. Lot of power.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts