Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Its definitely one or both of the fronts that has the issue. It shakes the bars pretty hard from 35 - 45 mph.
Try swapping the backs to the front and run it again. If it goes away you can at least narrow it down to two tires. I rode a long time with a very bent rear wheel and had no handlebar shake at any speed up to 100kmh.

There have been more than a few others reporting the same problems as you. I’ve always been very happy with Kendas on motorcycles so this is surprising. Plenty of guys report 0 issues at speed and others get the death wobble.

Reactions: Vincent

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Try swapping the backs to the front and run it again. If it goes away you can at least narrow it down to two tires. I rode a long time with a very bent rear wheel and had no handlebar shake at any speed up to 100kmh.

There have been more than a few others reporting the same problems as you. I’ve always been very happy with Kendas on motorcycles so this is surprising. Plenty of guys report 0 issues at speed and others get the death wobble.

Oh wow!

That is good to know!!
Obviously I'm not the only one having an issue !! lol
Thanks for sharing those links !

I did take my front right wheel bearing out this morning, it has what I would consider very slight lateral give to the center race portion. Im going to replace it since i have it all apart now..
Everything else seems tight to me..

Currently I'm on hold waiting to talk with someone in customer service at Dennis Kirk..
We'll see what they have to say I guess

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Thought I would share an update with everyone, for those that are interested.

I did talk to customer service at Dennis Kirk onThursday. They talked to one of the Tech’s in the shop and told me to air up the tires pretty full and leave the rig in the sun for the weekend! Lol ..

I had a hard time taking that seriously but I did air them up to 25 psi and let it sit outside all weekend so far.
This afternoon I bled them all off to about 6 psi and went for a ride, and was surprised that it was about 50% better. Still pretty shaky at 40 mph and up.. I haven’t balanced the tires yet.
I talked to a guy with a repair shop and he says they never balance ATV tires.

I don’t know ...

I guess at this point im curious what some of you guys have done in the past.. Keep running them and hope it gets better over time or plead with Dennis Kirk to return them and just spend the money on Big Horns ?

I really appreciate everyone that’s shared advice so far...

but still kinda frustrated I guess

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Thought I would share an update with everyone, for those that are interested.

I did talk to customer service at Dennis Kirk onThursday. They talked to one of the Tech’s in the shop and told me to air up the tires pretty full and leave the rig in the sun for the weekend! Lol ..

I had a hard time taking that seriously but I did air them up to 25 psi and let it sit outside all weekend so far.
This afternoon I bled them all off to about 6 psi and went for a ride, and was surprised that it was about 50% better. Still pretty shaky at 40 mph and up.. I haven’t balanced the tires yet.
I talked to a guy with a repair shop and he says they never balance ATV tires.

I don’t know ...

I guess at this point im curious what some of you guys have done in the past.. Keep running them and hope it gets better over time or plead with Dennis Kirk to return them and just spend the money on Big Horns ?

I really appreciate everyone that’s shared advice so far...

but still kinda frustrated I guess
I wouldn't tolerate it....

Get them balanced, if that doesn't make a BIG difference, Return them.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts