Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be old news, I was at my local dealer getting the dash replaced on my grizzly. They started talking to me about a meeting they were going to in June, they felt that Yamaha was going to announce they were going to put the 847cc parallel-twin from the SxS into the ATV line.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,517 Posts
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeere we go....... haha

·
Registered
867 Posts
I would like to see it happen but I'll believe it when it rolls out on the showroom floor!!!

Reactions: Madkawi750

·
Premium Member
2,196 Posts
I'm still holding out the 708 wasn't a big enough jump to justify the coin for me when my 08 is running awesome.

Reactions: Blklab

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,517 Posts
This may be old news, I was at my local dealer getting the dash replaced on my grizzly. They started talking to me about a meeting they were going to in June, they felt that Yamaha was going to announce they were going to put the 847cc parallel-twin from the SxS into the ATV line.
I would like to see it happen but I'll believe it when it rolls out on the showroom floor!!!
I'm still holding out the 708 wasn't a big enough jump to justify the coin for me when my 08 is running awesome.
That’s what it would take for me to change up. And even then I wouldn’t buy the first year model. Then factor in that I don’t buy these things new. So I’d be looking around 2022 to get me a nice lightly used 2020 model. Maybe one that somebody just broke in for me like my 14. My 14 will do everything I need it to and more but the sound of that twin would be nice.

·
Premium Member
10,634 Posts
More twin cylinder low end torque, some shim, a cut cam plate and COOP machining would be a game changer.
And wearing out O.G.'s in 3000 miles will be fun.

Reactions: okbear

·
Premium Member
989 Posts
they do that i'll buy a new one when it comes out! till then i'll keep rebuilding and welding my ole'girl when she needs it. Thinking of sending off one of the 2 extra cylinders i have now with a 105.5 cp piston to millennium for a replate to have on hand because Yamaha won't put out a new one for a while. :crying:

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
From what I can see, it looks like Yamaha is ditching the 708 and going back to a 686. I guess we will find out soon enough.

·
Registered
191 Posts
There not going back. They sold so many 708’s the only way their going is up.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,517 Posts
From what I can see, it looks like Yamaha is ditching the 708 and going back to a 686. I guess we will find out soon enough.
Also, the CARB website has a Wolverine X2 listed with the 847cc engine for 2019.
Wow. I have a hard time seeing them go back but that paperwork doesn’t lie. Maybe that’s just an option and they just wanted to have their ducks in a row..... I hope.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts