Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put one of these on order, a kinchrome p/n K8051 90 deg. adapter, I also ordered a 18" extension hose as well, might be just the thing for those mongrel grease nipples, I guess I'll find out.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,517 Posts
Put one of these on order, a kinchrome p/n K8051 90 deg. adapter, I also ordered a 18" extension hose as well, might be just the thing for those mongrel grease nipples, I guess I'll find out.
Those work but it’s a fight for me. Seems I get more grease around the zerk than in it. I’m planning on changing my zerks out.

Reactions: guipago

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
I got tired of those zerks and bought some 45 degree ones and it makes it a lot easier.

·
Premium Member
2,196 Posts
I tried the 45's without much luck so let us know how that adapter works for you

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I’ve tried the slide in grease tip. Zero luck. Just makes a big mess. Maybe I’m doing it wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We used them on steering head bearings on Harley's with the fairings on them to save time getting at the zerk & remember having to put pressure on the coupler to get the grease in or grease would squish out everywhere like you say, we were using air pressure grease guns so it was easier, am thinking of using a grip type clamp to hold the coupler in place, "machine" the coupler a bit,will see how it goes, might be more trouble than it's worth.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Just get a buddy or 2 to sit on your grizzly when you grease the rear knuckles. That will squish the suspension enough to easily get to the fittings.

·
Premium Member
5,696 Posts
Tried that too, minimal luck, went to jacking my grizzly up with my harbor freight jack, one of the most convenient tool that we own.

·
Premium Member
7,910 Posts
I use a Lincoln Cordless Grease Gun with the machine jacked up off the floor. The tip can be held in place while hitting the trigger on the gun. Easy.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just get a buddy or 2 to sit on your grizzly when you grease the rear knuckles. That will squish the suspension enough to easily get to the fittings.

Probably worth trying. "Haaay!, can you two lumps of lard sit your fat butt's on the bike while I grease the rear knuckle's? I have a fair idea where the grease gun would end up. :surprise:
Maybe if I was nicer :grin2:

The tool I ordered is on backorder so racheting down the back end will be the best bet for now.

Reactions: Madkawi750
1 - 11 of 11 Posts