Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Performing a simple CV boot replacement and have everything apart, but cannot get the CV arm out of the front differential. There is a green housing ring between the front differential and the offset joint boot that has nothing to grab onto. I made a homemade tool consisting of an oil filter wrench wrapped in a rubber hose to grab onto it (just pulling, not twisting), but just cant get it to budge. How does this CV arm come off?

Reading a couple solutions, none of which I like:
1. You have to pull hard to get past the c-clip within the splines, but I might need to hit the weights more cus that isn't working.
2. Drill a hole in the green housing ring, and attach a slide hammer to knock it out. Then replace the the offset joint boot and green housing ring.

PS - I pulled on the cv arm and the offset joint came apart within the boot. I put it back in and it seems fine, but did I screw that joint up within the boot too?

Pic is attached. Any tricks are greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I got the axles out of the diff using a set of chained channel locks and a slide hammer. Worked good. Proceeded to break a vice pounding the CV joint off the axle. Pulling the CV apart by tying one side to a tree and the other to my truck. I'll film it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts