Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 1998 yamaha grizzly 600 I need help getting the old girl running, I've had her for 14 years and always took good care of her until we moved she sat. I just had the carb done and put her in and a new battery. So she's good in that aspect. Now what happens when I put it into neutral and try to start I only get a click and thats it. Where should we go from here?

·
Registered
15 Posts
We have a 1998 yamaha grizzly 600 I need help getting the old girl running, I've had her for 14 years and always took good care of her until we moved she sat. I just had the carb done and put her in and a new battery. So she's good in that aspect. Now what happens when I put it into neutral and try to start I only get a click and thats it. Where should we go from here?
Hello from Canada I would say first thing to check would be the starter relay, try jumping the the 2 post and see if starter engages. If not I’d pull the starter and bench test That’s likely the best starting point

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had an intermittent issue like that. Mine ended up being the main wiring loom had rubbed off a spot and was grounding out on the exhaust shield to the right of the carb. Maybe just give that a look. But I also agree with checking the solenoid too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts