Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Read Only
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a lot of misinformation in this forum and "I've done this for 30years and it's fine". Please understand the technicalities prior to listening to advice or giving advice.

Over and out..

·
Registered
97 Posts
Everyone has their own way of doing things. Just because it is not what the "experts" recommend does not make it wrong, just a different way of doing things. I myself would rather listen to what someone who has done it for 30 years has to say than someone who has no actual hands on experience, but is because of his job title is considered a expert. Having said that common sense goes a long ways.

·
Premium Member
9,385 Posts
Second question...Doing what?

·
Grizzled Moderator
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
4,357 Posts
You really want to see A LOT of misinformation, head over to the FB Grizzly groups, those are filled with misinformation.

Tire selection, air filter media, engine oil can all be very contentious subjects and feelings frequently get hurt when someone disagrees. My suggestion is to state your opinion, what supports your opinion and then move on. Many opinions have merit, many do not. But until you've qualified the subject by doing your own, independent test using accepted scientific testing methods, it is just an opinion.

·
Premium Member
9,385 Posts
Common sense???? Common sense is relative. Everyone has a different understanding or expectation of what defines "common sense". Some may feel that licking a pipe in the winter is a good idea. Me, I know better.

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
Lessons learned is where you gain experience and more common sense, I can do most of my own maintenance but opening up an engine and working on internals is for me time to get an expert, but I have been around powersports stuff my whole life, some are very new to the ATV world and don't have a great understanding of how everything works the way it does, so as forum members that have experience it's great that you share info, it really helps.

Reactions: 08700LE and wgc

·
Premium Member
2007 grizz 660 camo sold 2019 honda passport 2001 breeze 125
3,615 Posts
What info is this u speaking of ???? They folks here are the most accurate info i have found more than most tech or shops. Id take thier words over most shops

Reactions: 08700LE

·
Super Moderator
1,889 Posts
What info is this u speaking of ???? They folks here are the most accurate info i have found more than most tech or shops. Id take thier words or most shops
He's referring to oil for one thing. I and others have disagreed with his opinion and it got feathers ruffled. Everyone is entitled to there opinion, that's what an opinion is. Lol

·
Registered
74 Posts
Lots of great info on here,, but a tool is only as good as the person holding it..

I would say stick to the dealer fees and specs let the real men do work here…

Remember fellow riders come on here to help each other not dog them out,, so take what info you speak of for what it’s worth and do better with yourself.

Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
1,889 Posts
If I knew what we were talking about I might have an "opinion".
Old member chicken bones got in a shitfit because a few of us, you included, disagree with his views and opinions on oil. He then changed his user name and made this post and hasn't been seen since. Lol

this want his first hissy fit on the forum either. Good riddance I say. Can't be a helpful member, we don't need ya.

·
Grizzled Moderator
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
4,357 Posts
Old member chicken bones got in a shitfit because a few of us, you included, disagree with his views and opinions on oil. He then changed his user name and made this post and hasn't been seen since. Lol
I believe he may have closed his account, notice it is "read only" now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts