Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For any of the 2021 EPS SE owners that came with factory warn winch - if I am adding heat deamon grips and winch wireless remote accessory how best to do this. Dealer tells me that because it came with factory winch, yamaha doesnt provide the wire plug and splitter for extra accessories that hooks into the 12v accessory wire - is this a line of BS? Or do I need to splice/solder into it? That is what he is telling me to do. Thanks

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
4,049 Posts
Just buy your own. This is the part number listed in the FAQ thread --> Ignition Power Harness Part Number: #5km-86171-00-00

·
Premium Member
12,006 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
Save the money and take power from the battery, with fuse protection.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will probably- I think its $70 Canadian, so just wanted to see if 2021 owners got one with their new ATV
And I cant seem to find it in stock in Canada right now . There seems to be one for SxS wolverine, it looks the same but has different part #

·
Premium Member
12,006 Posts
Was the winch installed at the dealership? A sales promotion in leu of a special financing program?

·
Premium Member
12,006 Posts
Never heard of the factory installing a winch, they don't make the winch.
I bet you bike has the pig tails for the extra lead in question, can you find it for use on the accessories?
I used the head light for the winch switch, low amps requirement...and can't remember now the source for the heated grips now without looking. i might have used the power plug line, I never plug anything in while I need the heated grips. My grips are fuse protected and never burn a fuse.

·
Registered
2021 Grizzly in Covert Green
12 Posts
For any of the 2021 EPS SE owners that came with factory warn winch - if I am adding heat deamon grips and winch wireless remote accessory how best to do this. Dealer tells me that because it came with factory winch, yamaha doesnt provide the wire plug and splitter for extra accessories that hooks into the 12v accessory wire - is this a line of BS? Or do I need to splice/solder into it? That is what he is telling me to do. Thanks
My 21 SE came with the splitter, sales rep even showed it to me and explained what it was for.
It was in the zip lock bag with the owners manual.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My 21 SE came with the splitter, sales rep even showed it to me and explained what it was for.
It was in the zip lock bag with the owners manual.
This is great to know. And just to clarify, your covert green SE came with Warn Winch accessory installed, and you still had the splitter in the manual bag?

·
Registered
984 Posts
They don't actually come in the crate from factory with the winch installed. The winch is included with bike from factory but is installed by dealer during assembly.
It's just a yamaha branded warn winch, same as the free one offed most of the time when you buy the bike. That pigtail should still be included or installed already.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
4,049 Posts
@Bluewave $70 CAD seems excessively high priced. In the US I believe they were around $20 or less. All OEM parts online sellers will have it too... in case you haven't already searched those. And just a thought, but did you look in the tools "bag" under your seat to make sure ignition power harness wasn't in there?

·
Premium Member
8,795 Posts
70 bucks ouch!
It is easy to splice in a couple female bullet connectors into the brown/blue wire coming from the key. Solder the good and cover with heat shrink tubing and good quality electrical tape. Use an inline fuse of the proper size before each accessory.
I say two using one for your winch and the other for heated grips or whatever?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I spliced mine on my ‘07 into the ignition switch wiring. I have both the Warn Wireless Winch controller that I located under the seat on the passengers side. Fits perfectly on my ‘07 Grizzly under the seat in the slotted space. I also still have my handle bar controller located on the left where I can reach it from the grip.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts