Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hooked up a Quad zone Heat demon grip warmers today.
Found the wire to the brake switch was the only uncovered set of wires. A spade connector on a shield mounting nut, and it's happy fingers.

Trying to get 10 posts so I can post links

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Trying to get 10 posts so I can post links

·
Registered
144 Posts
Definitely want to see how this turned out!

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Chuckie - are you saying you got power from the brake wire?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes I did BD. I used a tester to determine the hot one, and used the splicer dealie bob that came with the kit.
Most all other runs of wire were in closed harnesses or like shrinkwrap.
Put a spade terminal on the ground wire and found a nice bolt on the shielding to loosen and slip the spade terminal under. I did use the tester to see if it was good and it works great.
Everything in the Heat Demon setup video was pretty much right on until you start looking for where to hook it up. lol
( the "tester" is the little pointy one with the light in the handle and a wire with an alligator clip on it. Low tech still works. :C)
I was trying to get points last night so I could post my Wildhorse Lookout video, and it worked. Go watch.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Not knowing what bike you have makes this vauge but, you might have picked the weirdest/most odd ball/unique place to pull power from. Most all yamaha machines have an accessory power wire waiting for your grips

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1993 Grizzly 660, stock as far as I know.

Well I wish I knew where the accessory wire is. lol
If you could tell me I might change it if I have problems from this setup.

BTW, that brake wire was just above, going into the pull switch on the lower right under the shrouding.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
No such machine as a 1993 grizzly 660. 2002 is the first year of 660 did you mean 2003?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I just returned to correct that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts