Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally had time to add an on board voltmeter as Red Rocket suggested awhile back. Install was easy, looks and works great. Tapped into the hot wire off the ignition switch and the negative wire off my battery maintainer plug lead. Shows 12.3 running or not, no matter the RPM. Volts drop to 11.8 when turning, EPS draws a little. After a 2 mile ride to freshen up bear bait, volts were at 11.8 no matter RPM. Due to a series of unfortunate events a couple weeks ago, I suspected I had cooked the stator. I had already purchased all the needed parts along with an RM stator to do the 2009 upgrade, just have not had the time to do it yet. Maybe after a few more family obligation weekends are over, I'll get a day to do it. I tried dragging a photo, but the file is too big. I'll add it to my garage in case anybody wants to see the photo of the install into the riser cover. Looks like OEM, I like it.

Reactions: rwreuter

·
Registered
724 Posts
This stator issue has bit me, just not on my Grizzly....the motorcyle that I bought brand new in 2008 has a cooked stator and now it just sits until I get the time to take apart the motor and fix it....bummer for me.

When you change it out, you might consider putting a how to of pictures together and post it on the forum. I am sure someone would certainly benefit from it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts