Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 08 700 has always had a bit of a knock in the cylinder head area and has been a hard to start since I bought it in Nov of 17. Not to mention that it would often stall when I started plowing for the first few minutes even after I had warmed it up. So I went ahead and adjusted my valves and the knock is pretty much gone and it starts a bit easier. When I adjusted the valves, the one on the left (if you're sitting on the machine) was right at the highest end of the spec at .013, but the right one was at .004. Is it normal to see one side so tight but the other end just about perfect? Just curious. Thanks

Reactions: mainehunter

·
Registered
5,544 Posts
Uneven valve wear is not very common to happen to such a large degree, but it does happen. Don't worry about it. Adjust them to proper specs, and ride on.
Wear of a few thousand of an inch is normal though. They rarely are the exact same.

·
Premium Member
10,663 Posts
Thanks for reporting the results on the valve adjustment.
These engines are sensitive to small changes and proper settings are important for efficient operation.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Thanks for reporting the results on the valve adjustment.
These engines are sensitive to small changes and proper settings are important for efficient operation.

I found over the years the exhaust valve rocker is usually the one that is tight due to the heat

1 - 4 of 4 Posts