Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi All,

I would like every ones opinions on which heated grips to use on my 2016 Grizzly. I have searched the forums but strangely not found a thread like this one.

Winter is coming :))

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,532 Posts
Heat Demons dual zone ODI lock on. Can't go wrong with these. Simple install. Work great. Be sure you get the "Lock On" style.

·
Premium Member
3,121 Posts
X-2 on heat demons.

Reactions: Rep and mainehunter

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
X 3 on the Heat demons. I've had many variations of the Symtec brand grips. They have all been a re branded Symtec and I believe the Heat demons are the same, but with a clamp on grip. They work great, can be set to get hotter than you would need, and make winter riding a joy.

I've tried some of the cheaper brand grips and hated them. Waste of money. the grip size is too large and or they don't make enough heat.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Heat demons all the way! I've been using them for years on 3 different Grizzly's.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds like Heat Demons are the way to go! I really like the lock on feature, thinking that I might take them off for the summer months.

I really appreciate all the advise! Being able to ask the Forum saves a lot of frustration wasted time and money.

Cheers!

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,532 Posts
Sounds like Heat Demons are the way to go! I really like the lock on feature, thinking that I might take them off for the summer months.

I really appreciate all the advise! Being able to ask the Forum saves a lot of frustration wasted time and money.

Cheers!
That's why we're here. We tease about spending your money for you but in truth, this joint has saved me a bunch also.

Reactions: PA. GRIZZLY

·
Grand High Inquisitioner
990 Posts
+1 on Heat Demons. Best ones I've had on either ATV or street bike.

·
Registered
29 Posts
As stated several times here... can't beat heat demons!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Heat Demons all the way

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,831 Posts
I really like the lock on feature, thinking that I might take them off for the summer months.
There really is no reason you will need to take them off during summer months. Having to go through and remove wiring that has been carefully routed would be something I just wouldn't want to do even though it is not that big a job. But then putting it back. The Heat Demons seem to hold up really well even as just a standard lock-on grip.

Besides, being out in the summer and getting wet, it is nice to have the ability to turn on the hand warmers. Out in Moab, spring time we have experienced snow one day, then two days later it was 80f for a high. I also experienced 29f degree mornings the third week of August this past summer in CO's high country. Just never know when you might use those warmers.

·
Registered
25 Posts
x7 on Heat Demons! Can about cook a steak on them on the high settings! I'd run them year round the grip is a nice grip itself.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Heat Demons are great, but I wanted the actual grips to be better so I got the ODI Rogue lock-on grips and put the heating elements on my handle bars under the grips. This makes the install more involved because you have to ream out the plastic on the grips. I think it was a 15/16 drill bit and you basically have to do it by hand, but it's not difficult and now I have very comfortable grips that are heated.

Reactions: mainehunter

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,532 Posts
Heat Demons are great, but I wanted the actual grips to be better so I got the ODI Rogue lock-on grips and put the heating elements on my handle bars under the grips. This makes the install more involved because you have to ream out the plastic on the grips. I think it was a 15/16 drill bit and you basically have to do it by hand, but it's not difficult and now I have very comfortable grips that are heated.
Nice. Good idea. I hear those are good grips.

Reactions: BDSNJ

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Nice. Good idea. I hear those are good grips.
They're so comfy I actually put them on my mountain bike too. I think a bunch of guys on here use them.

Reactions: okbear

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just bought the rox riser combo kit and wanted to add some heated grips. I was planning on going with heat demons as they come highly recommended by everyone in this thread. But I realized they are for 7/8 handle bars and the rox handlebars are 1-1/8. So I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for some good alternative options?

·
Registered
24 Posts
The 1-1/8" is where the bars bolt on. The area of the bars where the controls go is 7/8".
If they were 1-1/8 everywhere, new grips, levers etc. would be required.

The stock bars are 7/8" everywhere.
The larger diameter at the clamping area makes for a stronger attachment to the ATV, so they are harder to slip in the clamps.
The shorter & stronger aluminum bars don't flex as much as the longer, smaller stock bars.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
What he said^^^

And yup, I’d recommend the heat demon grips and thumb warmers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 37 Posts