Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems the very expensive highlighter radiator isn't even available anymore, so has anyone had any experience with other upgraded radiators?

Did a high compression 686 build on my grizzly and the fan runs almost constantly anymore. No overheat lights, radiator is clean (and I do mean clean, not I hosed it off from the front so it should be good lol)

Im going to add a coolant temp sensor too, but debating upgrading the radiator, or adding an oil cooler.

Should be noted, I already installed a SPAL fan and changed the wiring to accommodate the added starting amp load.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
45 Posts
I did the same and mine seems to run alot also even with the high flow waterpump....what is the spal fan

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It's a replacement fan that flows much more air than the stock fan. They run about $125 for one with brackets and an oe connector.

You've gotta replace the original fan circuit breaker with a higher rating, or put an inline fuse holder in place like I did.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,180 Posts
I added copper tubing inline to the upper radiator hose, it's a heat shrink/exchanger similar to a coolio.
I didn't need to do the return hose.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts