Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

Alberta members

9K views 47 replies 25 participants last post by  amosfella 
#1 ·
Hey guys, where abouts in Alberta are you?

I'm in Whitecourt, 1.5 hours west of Edmonton. Do quite a bit of riding on the local trails and go to Brule now and then (near Hinton).

Whitecourt is the "Snowmobile Capital of Canada" so there are a lot of riding trails. Anything from sand, mud, muskeg and lots of hills since we are technically in the foot hills.

#5 ·
lethbridge here close enough to evan hit bc

#6 ·
Airdrie for me.

#7 ·
I'm in St. Albert. I do some riding around the Edmonton area, but I prefer to go closer to the mountains. I like the riding near Grande Cache or Red Deer river.

#8 ·
Also in whitecourt. Do lots of riding north of swan hills.

#9 ·
St albert Alberta. ride around Boyle, redwater and bruderheim. Want to find some new places no too far if possible

#10 · (Edited)
Most riding areas for me are about an hour northwest of Barrhead, so if you want, can always tag along if you like high speed trail and mud slinging through sand, skeg, hills and bush. Only puts you roughly 2 hours from home

#12 ·
I'm located in Dawson Creek, 1/2 hr from the BC/AB boarder and about an hour from Grande Prairie. oh and my Grizz was bought in Alberta so that counts too. :) Always looking for new areas to ride.

#14 ·
Here I thought all you albertans rode Canned Hams. Learn something new everyday I guess

#15 ·
Some of us are smarter than the rest.

Reactions: TRev
#17 ·
We ride out West as well. Nice area. Tay River area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#19 ·
From Lamont. I usually dirtbike around Redwater/Bruderheim as its not much fun on the Grizzly. I put most of the miles on my Grizzly around Slave Lake and Smith.

#21 ·
Working in Airdrie too?

#23 ·
Propak

#29 ·
#30 · (Edited)
Airdrie as well, we ride west of Sundre, Crowsnest, sometimes McClean.

#31 ·
I haven't been to Maclean in a few years. Never been out to Crowsnest. West of Sundre area is good. Marble Mountain is a great view.

#32 · (Edited)
From Marble, head northwest to the top of Limestone, great trail and awesome views. Do it on a nice day though, gets really windy above the tree line. We do a weekend in Crowsnest each year, some really good quad trails and even better dirt biking.

#33 ·
Limestone is a great spot as well.

#35 ·
I'm (unfortunately) from the Grande Prairie area too. Really glad I found this forum. I hear Brule is pretty fun, I make frequent trips to the mountains. Should have a spring meet.

#39 · (Edited)
Is that the Peace River Trail? My inlaws live between Smith and Slave and we've been planning to ride that trail for a while.

My parents lived outside of Athabasca in the 70's and my Dad used to hunt along the Peace River trail. He had some very old Hudsons Bay maps which plotted the route. At the that time it was just an overgrown two track wagon trail. There were still iron grave markers from the late 1800's. He even found a Hudsons Bay axe head at one of the river crossings. I'm sure those grave markers long gone by now though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.