Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My version of a ATV chainsaw storage solution. This box might not work for everyone but it works fantastic for my needs on my property.

When searching the web for a chainsaw storage solution to hold my gear in one spot I didn't see alot of options that suited my needs and the the ones that did were overpriced and low quality. I decided to custom built a box to fit everything I need for a day of cutting on the homestead.

I came up with a simple pine box that keeps the saw protected from any mishaps in the bush while keeping easy access to all my accessories.

Some simple Bungie balls mounted on the face and top hold my axe and my pickaroon.

A couple handles make it easy to move on and off the bike to a shelf on the shop wall.

Feel free to suggest alterations or suggestions I'm always looking to improve. Hope this helps inspire someone to get out there and create there own storage box.

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Plant
Wood Electrical wiring Gas Auto part Tool
Motor vehicle Plant Wood Grass Luggage and bags
Wood Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Gas Recreation Toy
Plant Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Wood Grass Gas

·
Premium Member
12,343 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.

Reactions: Maritimes Richard

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
Welcome, Cape Breton is a beautiful place, never ATVed there but have snowmobiled up in the highlands, what part of the Island are you from?

·
Registered
8 Posts
My version of a ATV chainsaw storage solution. This box might not work for everyone but it works fantastic for my needs on my property.

When searching the web for a chainsaw storage solution to hold my gear in one spot I didn't see alot of options that suited my needs and the the ones that did were overpriced and low quality. I decided to custom built a box to fit everything I need for a day of cutting on the homestead.

I came up with a simple pine box that keeps the saw protected from any mishaps in the bush while keeping easy access to all my accessories.

Some simple Bungie balls mounted on the face and top hold my axe and my pickaroon.

A couple handles make it easy to move on and off the bike to a shelf on the shop wall.

Feel free to suggest alterations or suggestions I'm always looking to improve. Hope this helps inspire someone to get out there and create there own storage box.

View attachment 101492 View attachment 101493 View attachment 101494 View attachment 101495 View attachment 101496 View attachment 101497
interesting idea loading saw from the side

View attachment 101492 View attachment 101493 View attachment 101494 View attachment 101495 View attachment 101496 View attachment 101497
interesting idea loading the saw from the side! May try that…

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think it is a great design. Chainsaws are messy tools, oddly shaped with sharp edges and your prototype addresses all of that extremely well while still being modular.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Welcome to GC. I like the side mount door idea and utilizing the space around the bar for all important stuff storage. Great job. I have a kind-of-but-not-really-similar solution that I will be using this weekend. I will see if I can find some pictures.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Like yours I wanted quick access to the saw for clearing trails and cutting up downed trees to haul back to camp. My saw holder is a flat board with positioning cleats underneath to keep it centered on the rack and then more cleats on top to keep the saw in place. The storage box has positioning dowels so I can use the rack without it. The two bungies hold it all in place and I can remove the saw by releasing the bungee over the saw.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Plant Automotive exterior
Tire Wheel Plant Combat vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

1 - 10 of 10 Posts