Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Grizzly 700 XTR, Coop45 sheave, Epi Gold spring,Ehs programmer and air lid w/ K&N, 27" zillas
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new grizzly came from the dealer below the low line on the antifreeze reservoir bottle. I stopped at a local dealer and bought a bottle and its blue. Couldnt tell till I opened it. Can I use it? I prefer to probably stay green, can I use regular Preston antifreeze? I know I know consult my Manuel. Thoughts,opinions? TIA

·
Registered
2020 kodiak 450SE
245 Posts
Mine was (still is) a little low from the dealer. As long as there's some in the overflow, its all good.

Don't mix colors.

·
Registered
2021 Grizzly 700 XTR, Coop45 sheave, Epi Gold spring,Ehs programmer and air lid w/ K&N, 27" zillas
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
About 3/4 to 1" below the low mark line on reservoir. What brand antifreeze did yamaha use? Would like to top off for a piece of mind. Thanks

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What can I use to top off?

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,972 Posts
There seems to be some out there who are saying they believe the Yamalube Yamacool blue product is the same as the yellow/green OEM product from Yamaha. Discussions I read were not specific to the Yamaha Grizzly but were about other Yamaha products. However, there was no proof provided that both formulas were the same and I too would be hesitant to mix them.

Are you close enough to your dealer to where you could take your Grizz back to them and have them top it off with the yellow/green? You could always flush the coolant out and then add what you want back in with the consideration that the coolant being added is for aluminum blocks and has the proper corrosion inhibitors.

·
Registered
2021 Grizzly eps covert green se, 2019 WR250r PW50 that’s it for yammies
50 Posts
When it’s up to operating temperature where is the level at?

·
Premium Member
8,552 Posts
I understand that the machines are shipped dry. I believe that the dealers use whatever they have on hand and only install the exact amount spec'ed. Not a drop extra.
Is freezing an issue in your parts? Maybe top it off with some distilled water.
Cut from my 2019 FSM

Reactions: RedRocket

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,972 Posts
@reogem, good call on just adding distilled water. Big Doh! moment for me.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My new grizzly came from the dealer below the low line on the antifreeze reservoir bottle. I stopped at a local dealer and bought a bottle and its blue. Couldnt tell till I opened it. Can I use it? I prefer to probably stay green, can I use regular Preston antifreeze? I know I know consult my Manuel. Thoughts,opinions? TIA
While on the topic of cooling check your cooling fan wire harness. Boiled mine over with only 80km on it so I took it back to the dealer and it was a faulty connection. Clearly the dealer I went to doesn't run them through a heat cycle when they charge you for a PDI.

·
Premium Member
2,278 Posts
I would just top it off with the Prestone stuff that says "mixes with any color coolant " on it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts