Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I’ll be most likely purchasing a new 2018 Grizzly 700 LE in the next week or two and am wondering if all the issues of the 2016 model have been resolved for 2018? ( smoking, decel backfire, overheating, air filter..etc). I’ve narrowed it down to this model or a Honda Rincon. I just want something reliable. Your input would be greatly appreciated!! Does anyone own the LE model on here? How are you liking it so far if you do?

Ps. Yes I by accident got confused with the model I was wanting and made my username “se”. I’m wanting the LE. lol.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i have a 16 grizzly 700 i have not had a single issue and i ride hard and put on about 1500 miles a year, western New York, Michigan, west Virginia and Kentucky. The only issue is the decel pop which is from the air pump into the exhaust not a lean condition which a improperly jetted carburetor model would experience. The LE is only cosmetically different than the standard grizzly the mechanicals are all the same. As for the overheating, only happened when i was in some nasty mud and plugged up the radiator, my fault not a fault of the machine, anything will run hot when the cooling system is compromised. I have 2500 miles on now and love the machine, you will not be disappointed with your purchase, far superior to any honda i have seen or ridden.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think in 2016 they redesigned the engine so it's a "708 cc" to meet emissions requirements so likely it won't have the backfire issue, mine doesn't seem to do it it's 2017

·
Registered
11 Posts
Buy it!! I have a 2016 --love it yeah it backfires a little on decel and it does run a little on the warm side but no biggie. I've had Honda's, Suzuki's, Polaris's and by far the best all around machine is the Grizzly. The only thing that bothered me was the bar mounted light was not LED (why Yamaha :icon) maybe the 2017 is, I'm not sure but I changed mine out.

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
I would say buy the extended warranty for sure because with any machine they don't build em like they used to....(except POPOs are still junk)

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
^^ haha.. “popo’s are still junk” that’s funny right there.
My wife has a popo.. it keeps you busy, that’s for sure. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
365 Posts
Smoking is a non issue, overheating was never a problem you must be thinking of feeling heat from the engine which is no big deal, block the AIS for the deceleration backfiring issue, and ehs can fix the air filter problem for good. Now you have one of the best 700 machines on the market! Oh about the extended warranty, I did not have one, never needed it and more then likely you won’t need it either, buy a winch.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I bought the 2018 SE and it runs like a beast, I say make your purchase and enjoy it. The Grizzly is the best machine out there.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've ridden Suzuki's, Kawasaki's, Honda's and owned several Polaris's and to me this is by far the best machine I've owned.
As a quote in Armageddon "Houston this is a kick ass ride" :rocker:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Hey guys I’ll be most likely purchasing a new 2018 Grizzly 700 LE in the next week or two and am wondering if all the issues of the 2016 model have been resolved for 2018? ( smoking, decel backfire, overheating, air filter..etc). I’ve narrowed it down to this model or a Honda Rincon. I just want something reliable. Your input would be greatly appreciated!! Does anyone own the LE model on here? How are you liking it so far if you do?

Ps. Yes I by accident got confused with the model I was wanting and made my username “se”. I’m wanting the LE. lol.
I have a 2017 and its been a great machine so far. I've had almost a year and just shy of 1000 miles, no issues except leaking shocks. Only negative and this is with any quad these days, they're all to expensive! LOL! Good Luck with your purchase and post some pics when you get it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That’s great to hear! I ended up buying the 2018 Grizzly LE. Can’t wait to get some miles on it!

Have you guys had to adjust the valves yet? Seems like a big job on these new 708’s ..

·
Registered
800 Posts
That’s great to hear! I ended up buying the 2018 Grizzly LE. Can’t wait to get some miles on it!

Have you guys had to adjust the valves yet? Seems like a big job on these new 708’s ..
Can't be much bigger job than on a 660... ROFL!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts