Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres a pic of my 01 grizzly 600. There seems to be an air duct/hose missing. I had put a piece of steel wool there to prevent anything getting in. Id like to know what piece is missing. How important is having it? Assuming it is important. Would i have to order the exact part or can i get some type replacement tubing/hose from a hardware store? Looks like it probbably connects to cvt belt area. This has had me puzzled. Thx.

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
That's the CVT Intake. Very important to have that there.
You can do a snorkel type intake with plumbing supplies from a hardware store, or buy the factory plastic piece that belongs there.

Part #: 4WV-15471-00-00

Got to any online Yamaha parts diagrams. Under your specific model, go up "crankcase cover 1", item #21.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Im gonna look into snorkel mods probably. Would it be okay to leave that the way it is for now, until i can fix it? Assuming im not doing any crazy mudding or nothing.

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Thanks. Im gonna look into snorkel mods probably. Would it be okay to leave that the way it is for now, until i can fix it? Assuming im not doing any crazy mudding or nothing.
That's up to you. Short term riding around the property it won't hurt much. But longer term is a different story. Water and dust will enter easily and cause belt slippage, clutch face wear, grease hardening in the primary, etc...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im probably not going to need to actually snorkel it. I think im going to look around and craft a substitute w some simlilar hardware piping.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would making one myself be okay. I just cant afford to order a new one rn and i cant find used one w same year. I figure this would be okay as long as i fixed it to where the oringinal is supposed to be and its out of the way and purpose served. What kind of piping should be used?

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Make it up if you like. Nothing wrong with that. Just as long as something is there higher than that.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So i spotted another open duct that i got to figure out where it connects to. Heres a pic. It is the top right of the T shaped duct assembly. I really am grateful for everybodys help on this forum. It has helped so much.

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
So i spotted another open duct that i got to figure out where it connects to. Heres a pic. It is the top right of the T shaped duct assembly. I really am grateful for everybodys help on this forum. It has helped so much.
That's normal installation of that duct. It's the belt box exhaust. It is only missing a small back turn that directs air to the cylinder head. It prevents water from being splashed into the pipe by the front tires. Basically a splash shield.

4WV-15477-00-00
That's the part number of the peice you'll want. I suspect it's no longer available from Yamaha, so either buy used or make it yourself.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay Ill get it sorted out. Thanks man.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts