Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have the 660 in the garage for some repairs and please chime in if you think I should get anything else:

4 wheel bearings
4 tie rod end links
Front diff seal kit
Rear diff seal kit
New pitman arm

The bearings in the diffs all seem fine, but still haven't removed them.

Quad has 7100+ miles on it. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,639 Posts
Good start, you'll know if the suspension bushings need replacing once you get in there.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
To be honest I would just do the bushings regardless if your into it that far

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Don't forget about a bottle of gear oil. Will need to refill the diffs once you replace the seals.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gear oil, check. My a arm bushings seem fine. It would be $300 for all the a arm bushings. I'll pass on that for now since they are still tight

·
Premium Member
10,639 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Im not sure if the 660 has rear knuckles like the 700 but check them for play and replace bushjngs or regrease at a minimum.

·
Registered
587 Posts
The 660 does have knuckles in the rear and I replaced the bushings and sleeves in em on my old 660 several times. As for the a arm bushings front and rear they were still seemingly as tight when I sold it as the day I brought it home new.

I'd check the ball joints with that many miles on it.

About your diff seal kits. If they aren't leaking I wouldn't mess with them unless the bearings in the diffs need to be replaced. The axle seals can be replaced by just removing the axles which isn't bad but does take removal of some things obviously. The other seals will require partial disassembly of the diffs, specifically removal of the coupler on each diff to remove the seal.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Brake pads are fine. Will look into knuckle bushings. Diff seals are needed for atleast one side on the front and rear diff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts