Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked a question on a old post because I saw knowledgeable answers from this rider I'm 73 didn't realize old post was off limits, again I apologize to all Grizzly central members and clearly I don't belong in this forum.
Thank you,

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
4,112 Posts
@Lgetc You are perfectly welcome here and I'm asking you to stay.

For those who frequent forums, it is kind of an unwritten rule about not resurrecting older threads when many times, the older threads are by users who have not been on the site in many years and in some cases, over a decade. Resurrecting an old thread typically results in someone not getting responded to, then they think everyone is being rude by not responding. You being new here, I'm assuming you just didn't know and that is OK, no harm, no foul.

What is recommended, is when you have an issue you are trying to resolve, you've searched and can't find relevant information and or have a slightly different issue, just go ahead and start your own thread and provide as much pertinent information as you can, year and model, any modifications that might be suspect, what you have done/tested, etc. All that will then be in your own thread which makes it easier for you to go back to as well. We also ask that if you do get your issue resolved, then please come back and update the thread to list the resolution. That really helps those who follow behind you if they are doing research into an issue.

And then there are threads that are just for idle chit chat, those are welcome too along with trail pictures, mod pictures... all the normal stuff you'll likely see. There is no need to move on but certainly you can do as you please. This is a great community with lots of knowledge, I'd advise you to hang out.

·
Registered
Grizyz450/600ccbigbore/Custom Nitrous kit /DG exhast/Jet kit/K&A airfilter./Mudlite2s tire.
29 Posts
I asked a question on a old post because I saw knowledgeable answers from this rider I'm 73 didn't realize old post was off limits, again I apologize to all Grizzly central members and clearly I don't belong in this forum.
Thank you,
Nah man you staying here your considered family

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Thank you,
I'm the one that called you out on the old posts. I'm sorry if i can't off harsh. I apologize. We have all done it, myself included.
I do not want you to leave.
I believe you need to be here, you have asked some good questions and this is the best place to find answers.
Is just better if you start a new post, as most of these old ones are burried deep in the forums, age often have members that won't reply as they have been inactive for years. Also alot of older posts contain information that has since be proven to be inaccurate age that just ends up opening a whole new can of worms.

Again, I apologize for coming off harsh. You are more than welcome here.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
177 Posts
Don't sweat it, we've all made that mistake at least once. Stick around, you're good here.

Reactions: Zrt1200

·
Premium Member
2007 grizz 660 camo sold 2019 honda passport 2001 breeze 125
3,489 Posts
Dont stress been here a long tine an still screw up i do it well ask the gf she will confirm

·
Premium Member
12,259 Posts
Reactions: mainegrizz660

·
Premium Member
3,489 Posts
Hahahahahaha

·
Premium Member
8,877 Posts
Thank you,
No apology needed.
Tuning into an old post is no issue and can be very useful to many other members. Personally I have gained knowledge from old posts that someone looking for an answer had brought forward. Just remember that some of the members on the post may not be members today.

My pet peeve is some one cutting into a post taking it completely off the rails. Myself and others usually will suggest or advise them to start a new post to better focus on their concerns which will result in better answers and information.

Reactions: mainegrizz660

·
Registered
69 Posts
I don’t mind bringing an old post up again. It means you are reading the info available and not just making a new post on the same information. You searched thru the library and found your topic. Why have 100’s of posts on the same thing?

·
Registered
337 Posts
In my replies sometimes I will provide a link to an earlier/older thread that previously covers the current subject. It helps to keep the current thread from getting cluttered up with repetition.
It would be helpful if members provided a description of their machine with modifications in their signature. You could look at it as bragging/showing off your machine.
"See my signature for details."

Reactions: reogem

·
Registered
375 Posts
Thank you,
I want you to stay also. That way I'm not the only fool here. :)
I'm new to this stuff too, and I expect to make a lot of mistakes before I'm done.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
In my replies sometimes I will provide a link to an earlier/older thread that previously covers the current subject. It helps to keep the current thread from getting cluttered up with repetition.
It would be helpful if members provided a description of their machine with modifications in their signature. You could look at it as bragging/showing off your machine.
"See my signature for details."
Exactly like this, a link is the correct way. It keeps the subject current it provides access to the old posts if needed.
The worst part about bringing up old posts is there is often misleading info, speculation on "new back then" bikes/parts/accessories, now years later we have proper info or hands on experience with said items.
Alot of forums have an auto lock that locks the thread after a set time of no replies, default is usually 6 month. It can still be read, but no posting to it. It makes finding info so much easier.
Nothing sucks worse than a thread that 200 or 300 pages long with thousands of posts spanning 10 or 15 years. Most of the old info is no longer relevant. Lol

·
Registered
337 Posts
"Exactly like this, a link is the correct way. It kerps the subject current she provides access to the old posts if needed."
I don't know about the links being a she, maybe an it instead.;)

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
"Exactly like this, a link is the correct way. It kerps the subject current she provides access to the old posts if needed."
I don't know about the links being a she, maybe an it instead.;)
Lol. That's a combination of my phone's auto correct not wanting to use a few words when I swipe the keyboard. And the fact that I'm at work loading trucks. 2 min per truck and there are back to back, so i get 2 min to type/reply on here when one of the guy takes a washroom break. Lol.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Thank you,
Please stick around, you have as much right to be here as anybody. Being on any forum requires a fair amount of thick skin. Grin and bear it, you'll be fine, and your questions and comments are most welcome here. 🍻

OMG.. I'm responding to a post that is 9 days old. :p

·
Premium Member
5,834 Posts
Lg’.

People going to bitch and moan no matter what you do, whether posting on an old thread which to me makes the most sense if it is a related problem, or starting a new thread, then people will bitch about not researching the problem on the old thread.

I am sure that I have bitched and moaned about something on here too, actually lost my moderator position here, got too bitchy with fellow members.

we all want you to stay, appreciate your checking our behavior. We all need it sometime.

Recovering long hauler Covid, I have lost my social filter…..frontal brain lobe damage, quite capable of going bitch and not realize………

·
Premium Member
3,489 Posts
@DrMud we all get grouchey no reason to lose ur mod status we all are human

·
Premium Member
12,259 Posts
Lg’.
we all want you to stay, appreciate your checking our behavior. We all need it sometime.
Recovering long hauler Covid, I have lost my social filter…..frontal brain lobe damage, quite capable of going bitch and not realize………
A lost social filter?
This site will get better as members age, gracefully?

Reactions: DrMud
1 - 20 of 21 Posts