Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to adjust the valves on my 2014 Grizzly 550. I can only find the correct clearance for a 700. Does anyone know if a 550 is the same spec as a 700?

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,513 Posts
I'm sure someone will be able to answer your question. My quick and easy answer is this: You can get a downloadable service manual for around 15 bucks online. That's never a bad investment as I'm sure you will have other questions about your machine as time goes on.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
My manual indicates they are the same.
You may find a label under the seat that tells the valve clearance and other spec's like the spark plug gap.
It is a very good investment to get a service manual. You spent thousands on a machine what's another $10-15 bucks.

·
Premium Member
9,288 Posts
I took a quick look in a 2011 550 book to see if was in a 550 book and its not in there, just instructions to go tho the dealer. And we at G.C. don't do that.....
The bikes not here, but like mentioned above, the valve lash it listed on a sticker under the seat.
Make sure you get the lash for your year just in case there is a difference.
these engines are sensitive.
Also, I set them to the wide side of the range.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My manual indicates they are the same.
You may find a label under the seat that tells the valve clearance and other spec's like the spark plug gap.
It is a very good investment to get a service manual. You spent thousands on a machine what's another $10-15 bucks.
I did not notice that label under the seat before. It does have the valve clearance. Thank you for this tip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts