Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what you use or prefer. Price wise they are about the same, when you add the winch. Snowblower works good, but atv is faster and more fun.

·
Grizzled
3,559 Posts
... atv is faster and more fun.
Very much true in my case. I have a very good walk behind thrower but haven't used it since I bought my ATV plow as it is really a lot quicker to get the job done. I've kept the thrower in the event we start getting too much snow but that hasn't happened where I live. Additionally, I have almost a perfect setup to get the snow off my driveway. One side of the driveway has an area that slopes down away from the driveway where I load up most of the scraped snow. It then also melts away from the driveway so no concerns about melt/freeze cycles causing ice on the driveway.

The way it stands, I'm probably going to sell my thrower this season but I will say if I had a smaller driveway, I would never had got the ATV plow. My driveway is definitely large enough to justify plowing. It is absolutely a hell of a lot more fun using the grizzly.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I sold my snowblower last year and put a plow on the grizz. It is much quicker and easier with the plow. We bought a new home last yr and the driveway is on a hill so that is why we went with a plow.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I use both. Grizzly and plow for my driveway, snowblower for cleanup around vehicles, trailers, and my decks. Then there is the tried and true D1 dozer, better know as a shovel for final cleanup. They are all fun! MORSNO

·
Registered
396 Posts
If the size of your driveway supports a plow on an ATV, that's generally the way to go.

One thing to keep in mind is that, when you plow, make sure you're pushing far enough away so that plowed snow (for the season) as plenty of room. Don't push everything short, then get hammered with snow, then not be able to plow because you didn't leave enough room to push new snow.

Some folks keep their blower around even after buying an ATV plower. In the event you can't push any further with the plow, you can always throw it OVER your piles with a decent snowblower.

·
Premium Member
7,796 Posts
I bought this last November. I didn't like how my snowplow guy was plowing the parking lots at my storage buildings. It blows about 50'. Had to make a door and side curtains on the cab of my skidsteer. Took a couple snowstorms to get the hang of it. No more piles of snow. I do the drive at my house mostly with the bucket.

·
Premium Member
7,796 Posts
2 years ago I bought a never use plow for a ATV at a yard sale. Haven't ever used it. Plan on mounting it on the 660 and sell it

·
Registered
71 Posts
I keep my snoblowers around for the above mentioned reasons. Grizz with a plow is awefully fun. I like the provantage setup so far. I've only used it last winter. We had many snowstorms but most were very light and fluffy. Stock tires and no extra weight i was easily able to plow much quicker than snowblowing.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Plows dont cut it where i live. The only way to move snow is with a snowblower..otherwise the piles become too high and we run out of room to push/pile..

·
Registered
554 Posts
I bought this last November. I didn't like how my snowplow guy was plowing the parking lots at my storage buildings. It blows about 50'. Had to make a door and side curtains on the cab of my skidsteer. Took a couple snowstorms to get the hang of it. No more piles of snow. I do the drive at my house mostly with the bucket.
You run he blower with the skid steer?? What drives the auger?

·
Premium Member
7,796 Posts
There is a motor for the auger and one for the fan. They operate together via a lockable foot pedal in the skidsteer.
Another motor rotates the chute. A ram changes the elevation of the chute. These are controlled by a valve body and electric solenoids.
My Case 430 doesn't have high flow. The company makes blowers for both.

Jake72 Sorry for the hijack.

Reactions: overhill

·
Registered
900 Posts
Plows dont cut it where i live. The only way to move snow is with a snowblower..otherwise the piles become too high and we run out of room to push/pile..
You're giving up much to easy, build ramped piles and build, build, build. My piles have been 15'-20' tall most seasons.

·
Registered
679 Posts
A snowblower does a nice neat job and can get large amounts of snow out of the way. I find when using the plow it never cleans the driveway. Sold the atv plow and got a snowblower.

Jim

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A snowblower does a nice neat job and can get large amounts of snow out of the way. I find when using the plow it never cleans the driveway. Sold the atv plow and got a snowblower.

Jim
Was thinking the same, but on cold days atv plow is much faster. Plow does a good job plus I have the power pivot and makes it even faster.

·
Moab Aficionado
2,382 Posts
4 car driveway/RV pad and over 300 feet of sidewalk. I have a plow and a snowblower. Each one has advantages over the other. Plow is more fun though.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
I just got the Warn Provantage front mount plow kit,They are having rebates Now. I ended up getting $100 off between the plow blade and push tubes,so between the mount,push tube,54" blade it cost $315.00 "after rebate" delivered to my door.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts