Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to buy a spreader to de-ice the streets in our subdivision. The home owner's assoc. will pay for it and I want to get one that will work putting down urea. What do you recommend?
Thanks in advance, Dave

·
Registered
352 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. I had the hitch receiver. I bought spreader and have it ready to mount when needed.
Thanks again, Dave

·
Registered
43 Posts
What spreader did you go with? Mind posting a few photos of it set up. I normally just toss a few bags of salt on my racks but I’ve considered a spreader.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
stillmotion, I'll have to put it on and get some pics. My neighbor brought me a mud flap off a semi to keep the urea from being slung on my bike. I'll get it mounted and get back to you.
Dave

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the mud flap cut and ready to mount. I hung it with two bolts for the pictures but will hang it after deer season. The control mount has hardware to mount it on the spreader frame but I mounted it on my gun scabbard base and use bolts with wing nuts. I used some valley tin to cover more of the deflector.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Field Tuff AS-125ATV12 Receiver Mount Spreader, 125-Pound

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Have you used it yet this season? Reviews? I see they are hit or miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not yet. I carry an old hoe handle to break up any clumps in the hopper.

·
Registered
906 Posts
It looks like a nice set up. I may be in need of something like this. I look forward to hearing how it works and holds up.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I used the spreader last Friday. It worked great. One 50# bag of urea didn't fill the hopper up but two won't fit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts