Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I took my atv in a deep creek and filled the belt up with water but I drained it and on the way back it did just fine but the next day I get on it and it takes allot more throtle than usual to take off so I try to go up a little hill and then it wouldn’t even turn the tires and I only got 26s so it not the tires it turned the tires very good until then and the atv turns the tires better in reverse than forwards idk what to do?

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
So I took my atv in a deep creek and filled the belt up with water but I drained it and on the way back it did just fine but the next day I get on it and it takes allot more throtle than usual to take off so I try to go up a little hill and then it wouldn’t even turn the tires and I only got 26s so it not the tires it turned the tires very good until then and the atv turns the tires better in reverse than forwards idk what to do?
You need to disassemble your CVT sheaves (or at the minimum the primary). Inspect, clean and lubricate, as well as inspect / clean your belt and primary / secondary sheave surfaces . Then reassemble and ride on....

·
Premium Member
9,001 Posts
X-2, thick grease or mud can stop the weight travel. I bet you find the problem when yu get it apart.
Take a few pictures so we can see and help more.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Draining the belt box is good but the problem is from my experience on my rzr.... I had to tear into the clutches and clean them out. All of the mud and grit gets into it and creates headaches. In fact when it has happened on a ride i would try to run fresh water in the box to try and wash some of that stuff out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts