Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been awhile since I got on the board here, but thought I'd post up pics on my latest mod. I had a set of 6-inch LED lights left over from another project, and thought it was time to improve my forward visibility a bit.

LOW BEAM (Note: Auto white-balance makes them look whiter than actual.)

HIGH BEAM (Note: Auto white-balance makes them look whiter than actual.)

HIGH BEAM + LED's

The lights are mounted using the factory front rack mounting points, with 1/2" thick "collar" spacers and longer bolts. Yes, it will be a PITA if/when I need to remove the rack, but thankfully that's a rare occurrence.

I have my winch contactor mounted "under the hood" up front, so I had battery power easily accessible there. The lights are wired through a relay which is triggered by the left high-beam wire. The signal wire runs through the new handlebar-mounted switch so I can run high beams or high beams and LED's.

The LED's aren't RIGID quality by any means, but they do light up the area much better than the standard lights alone.

Andy

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. The premise of the switch is great, but the quality of this particular one is questionable. It was advertised as a "waterproof switch, but not sealed." I'm not sure what they mean by that, but the entire inside of the switch is open to the elements. I filled it with dielectric grease, and it fits pretty tightly against the handlebar, so we'll see how long it lasts.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts