Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up this 2017 Grizzly 700. He had a different pipe but started to melt the plastic so put this one "back on" before I got it. It definitely doesn't sound stock loud like a racing dirt bike (video too big to load here) and back fires a couple times when releasing the throttle once throttle is more than a 1/4.... could he have gutted the exhaust? The tip doesn't look correct either. There is a part number on the muffler, does it look be stock exhaust? Thanks

Attachments

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
4,080 Posts
Probably a 2R or knock-off style tip. Those increase the noise but don't do much else except slightly reduce back pressure. If there is no screen right near that exhaust tip, there is most likely no spark arrestor on it either. You should be able to order an original tip with the spark arrestor baffles as a whole unit if you desire. The original tip/spark arrestor will quiet it down some.

Reactions: Tubecatgs

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just picked up this 2017 Grizzly 700. He had a different pipe but started to melt the plastic so put this one "back on" before I got it. It definitely doesn't sound stock loud like a racing dirt bike (video too big to load here) and back fires a couple times when releasing the throttle once throttle is more than a 1/4.... could he have gutted the exhaust? The tip doesn't look correct either. There is a part number on the muffler, does it look be stock exhaust? Thanks
[/QUOT
Could be exhaust but also could be too much air in the fuel/air mixture.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The back firing is normal for grizzly’s. I have a 2020 put the ehs tuner on it with the hmf swamp series exhaust, it always back fires sometimes loud and most of the time little pops on decel. I called ehs and the guy Eric said to change the tune and check for exhaust leaks, long story short it did all of those things and it still back fires. So it’s normal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts