Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best tool for removing and installing Grizzly ball joints ?? Hammer method and 2 jaw puller failed.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
The last time I changed a ball joint I took the knuckle to my brother-in-law's machine shop and had him press the old out and the new in. Have a press or a buddy at a machine shop? Or maybe run it to the dealer as a last resort. Surely they wouldn't charge ya much if you handed them the knuckle and the parts. Probably could do it while you wait.

·
Registered
5,545 Posts
Before I got the proper tool, I always used the hammer/socket method. Done right its fine.

Always put the new ball joint in the freezer the night before. A couple hours at minimum. This helps with installation.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I always freeze my bearings and other parts prior to install. That lil bit of contraction helps a lot.

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,662 Posts
got an oreilly's near you? in their free rental tool fleet they have the giant C clamp and the purpose built adapters to squeeze them out easily.

I have to go by there today. I can get the specific tool numbers for you, if you write back ...
walt
Walt, please go ahead and post the O'Reilly tool numbers as it will benefit many including myself. Thanks.

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,662 Posts
Done. I've also added it to the FAQ.

Reactions: moebeeza
1 - 9 of 9 Posts