Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
Anyone have any experience with barker duals and big mud tires?
I have been thinking about upgrading as on my 08 griz 700 I have the HMF swap series but i keep having issues with it(end caps keep coming loose where the rivets are).
I am wondering would there be any clearance problems with the barker duals and outlaws as one can sits below the other? Or should fix the HMF for the 3rd time?
Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
776 Posts
I RUN 28" SILVERBACKS. EXHAUST IS CLOSE TO RUBBING ON SUSPENSION COMPRESSION. I THINK I HAVE 1" WHEEL SPACERS AS WELL ON REAR. WILL CHECK TOTIGHT AND WILL TAKE A PHOTO

MY REAR ELKA SHOCKS RUN REAL CLOSE AS WELL

FYI MY RIVOTS ARE STARTING TO COME LOOSE AS WELL

CHEERS

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I RUN 28" SILVERBACKS. EXHAUST IS CLOSE TO RUBBING ON SUSPENSION COMPRESSION. I THINK I HAVE 1" WHEEL SPACERS AS WELL ON REAR. WILL CHECK TOTIGHT AND WILL TAKE A PHOTO

CHEERS
Are you running Barker Dual setup?
If so how long have you had it?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
If you read his signature he does indeed run barker duals...

·
Registered
776 Posts
YES HAD THEM 5-6 YEARS. JUST NOTICED THE LOOSE RIVOTS WHEN I WAS PUTTING THE 843 CC BACK IN. IF ITS LIKE MY OLD HMF WILL BE CHASING THE OTHER RIVOTS AS WELL. I INSTALLED LARGE SHEET METAL SCREWS AFTER DRILLING OUT WALLOWED RIVOTS

HOPEFULLY HOLD UP

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

CHEERS
Did you happen to see if you had 1" spacers? Any chance you could take a measurement from the shock to the outside of the lower can?

I have not received the exhaust system yet, I also went with EHS programmer(i do have a power commander 5 but do not have a dyno to set it up for this system)

From what I was told the "rivets coming loose is from to much heat and your bike is running to lean". I will see what happens i guess ,1100.00 on the full set up and I hope it will hold up better.

Thank you to all for the help
Matt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts