Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I am looking to put a exhaust and tuner on my 2017 Yamaha Grizzly 700. I was curious which on is better for my bike barkers exhaust or RJWC exhaust

·
Premium Member
11,897 Posts
I would save the money for the exhaust and install c.v.t. mods, for the best bang-for-the-buck.

·
Premium Member
11,897 Posts
Message Eric at E.H.S and ask what he sees for power increase by exhaust mods.....2 or 3 h.p. at max engine r.p.m. and top speed isn't very useful to most.
C.V.T. mods can multiply the engine torque 30% which can be felt through the butt dyno.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Seems like the 708 picked up 5hp on the Barker’s dual setup. While 5 isn’t huge, it is 10%. Pretty pricey though.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Again, it's 5hp in the top end, where you will rarely ever use it. Also exhaust alone won't get the gains, you need air and added fuel to dial it in. Just slapping it on there doesn't automatically gain that 5hp, it will be 2-3hp at best if you are lucky. It needs proper fue tuning along with more air and then dyno tested to dial it in. Then if you really want to use that gained hp, you need cvt mods which should be done beforehand so the dyno can really take advantage and fine tune.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was going to add a fuel tuner as well I was just curious what exhaust is better, and with that decision I was going to pick the right fuel tuner for the exhaust

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was going to add a fuel tuner as well I was just curious what exhaust is better, and with that decision I was going to pick the right fuel tuner for the exhaust
You should check out SLG welding exhausts as well. It’s a company out of Alberta. I’m waiting on mine that I ordered 2 weeks ago. I’ve already picked up an ehs controller to go with it once it arrives. I talked to Eric at ehs and he said the slip-on map that comes with their controller will work fine out of the box for most slip-ons not just barkers. I plan on getting their air box mods as well, which the controller is already mapped for, so that’s how I made my decision.

·
Registered
837 Posts
You should check out SLG welding exhausts as well. It’s a company out of Alberta. I’m waiting on mine that I ordered 2 weeks ago. I’ve already picked up an ehs controller to go with it once it arrives. I talked to Eric at ehs and he said the slip-on map that comes with their controller will work fine out of the box for most slip-ons not just barkers. I plan on getting their air box mods as well, which the controller is already mapped for, so that’s how I made my decision.
SLG makes some nice looking products, but definitely a bit expensive compared to name brand exhaust that have a proven track record.
I would love to see more options for our machines, but they gotta get pricing right. $200+ more than the competition doesn't sell alot of products.

·
Registered
15 Posts
SLG makes some nice looking products, but definitely a bit expensive compared to name brand exhaust that have a proven track record.
I would love to see more options for our machines, but they gotta get pricing right. $200+ more than the competition doesn't sell alot of products.

Pricey for sure but by the time you deal with duties and exchange rate it isn’t a massive difference. I like supporting a Canadian company as well. Also, their customization options are pretty nice. Once I get it dialed in I’ll let know how it performs.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Pricey for sure but by the time you deal with duties and exchange rate it isn’t a massive difference. I like supporting a Canadian company as well. Also, their customization options are pretty nice. Once I get it dialed in I’ll let know how it performs.
No customs and duties on most exhaust. They are made in usa, part of our free trade agreement, all you pay is canadian taxes on it.
Exchange rate is already figured in when i compare prices. But i usualy deal with a Canadian seller, such as fortnine for example, and like i said, $200 cheaper in Cdn funds and that is before tax. If i want to customize, it's more money, the option to change color is nice, but not really worth the cost. I would love to support Canadian companies, but again, they price products much too high. It's not that i can't afford it, it's just i refuse to waste my money when i can make my money go further elsewhere on same products.
I do wish we would get a few more Canadians building this stuff for bikes, more local competition, more products, better pricing.

I love prefex industries in Québec, he builds lift kits that are better quality than hilifter, abs cost less, his skid plates are thicker, same grade aluminum as ricochet yet priced cheaper, only rival is a few bucks cheaper but use thinner material. This guy is doing it right.

·
Registered
15 Posts
No customs and duties on most exhaust. They are made in usa, part of our free trade agreement, all you pay is canadian taxes on it.
Exchange rate is already figured in when i compare prices. But i usualy deal with a Canadian seller, such as fortnine for example, and like i said, $200 cheaper in Cdn funds and that is before tax. If i want to customize, it's more money, the option to change color is nice, but not really worth the cost. I would love to support Canadian companies, but again, they price products much too high. It's not that i can't afford it, it's just i refuse to waste my money when i can make my money go further elsewhere on same products.
I do wish we would get a few more Canadians building this stuff for bikes, more local competition, more products, better pricing.

I love prefex industries in Québec, he builds lift kits that are better quality than hilifter, abs cost less, his skid plates are thicker, same grade aluminum as ricochet yet priced cheaper, only rival is a few bucks cheaper but use thinner material. This guy is doing it right.

Yeah I really like the perfex skid plate myself. Good price too. I paid duties on my ehs tuner. I also like that SLG is full stainless and not an aluminum can. In the end I made the decision based on it being made in Canada and what I see as being of higher quality but I have no way of knowing other than trying all the slip-ons available.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Yeah I really like the perfex skid plate myself. Good price too. I paid duties on my ehs tuner. I also like that SLG is full stainless and not an aluminum can. In the end I made the decision based on it being made in Canada and what I see as being of higher quality but I have no way of knowing other than trying all the slip-ons available.
You need to request your money back for any duty they charged you. That tuner is manufactured in the us by dubek... Which is Fisher Brother's company. No duty should be charged. My attitude tuner is made by them also, no duty on it at all.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You need to request your money back for any duty they charged you. That tuner is manufactured in the us by dubek... Which is Fisher Brother's company. No duty should be charged. My attitude tuner is made by them also, no duty on it at all.

Good to know. Sat in customs for 2 weeks too. Doubt I’ll have any luck getting money back from the government lol. I can always ask though. I think it was maybe $40 on top of the $320 the tuner cost me.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Good to know. Sat in customs for 2 weeks too. Doubt I’ll have any luck getting money back from the government lol. I can always ask though. I think it was maybe $40 on top of the $320 the tuner cost me.
Was it duty, or a brokerage fee? If shipped by any courier, not usps they charge a brokerage fee.. 40 to 90 bux.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts