Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Have you looked at MBRP sport exhaust? Not loud, no tune and deep sound. $229 so good price too...
Any exhaust you put on these bikes will require a fuel tuner. They are so close to lean stock, add a pipe, abs all you are doing is increasing the chance to damaged your engine.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any exhaust you put on these bikes will require a fuel tuner. They are so close to lean stock, add a pipe, abs all you are doing is increasing the chance to damaged your engine.

I myself have a EHS tuner and AIS delete, but you can run this muffler on the stock tuner settings. MBRP told me they dynoed it and since it's a chambered muffler no tuning requirement. But I agree with you they are lean that's why I have the tuner.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I myself have a EHS tuner and AIS delete, but you can run this muffler on the stock tuner settings. MBRP told me they dynoed it and since it's a chambered muffler no tuning requirement. But I agree with you they are lean that's why I have the tuner.
They will tell you anything to sell it. Says right in the description "improved flow". Anyone here will tell you and will argue directly to mbrp that chambered means nothing. If it's moving more exhaust out of the system, that has to be compensated with more fuel.

·
Registered
2020 kodiak 450SE
284 Posts
A 5hp gain is MASSIVE on such a small motor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
A 5hp gain is MASSIVE on such a small motor.
That’s why I put it in percentages... it’s a 10% increase. On your pickup, that’s equivalent to 40hp.
Can’t argue about it being on top end though. ALL mods that improve flow of air, are only felt where air flow is impeded... ie, high rpm.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Reactions: JD864

·
Registered
2020 kodiak 450SE
284 Posts
That’s why I put it in percentages... it’s a 10% increase. On your pickup, that’s equivalent to 40hp.
Can’t argue about it being on top end though. ALL mods that improve flow of air, are only felt where air flow is impeded... ie, high rpm.
There's two types of atv riders..

Those who go for a putt..

And those who go for a rip.

An exhaust is for those who go for a rip haha, for the reason you mentioned.

8-10 hp gain on a 708cc is about 1300$ + taxes / shipping...

Got to pay to play!

Damn! That seems a bit excessive to me... but... people will pay it. So, good for barkers.

Getting set up with nitrous would be a better bang per buck lol.

Reactions: JD864

·
Registered
829 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well my personal opinion on this topic is that ehs makes the best tuner for these bikes as long as you're not adding BBK or cams. Then it would be a dynojet pc5. But ehs claims to see the most gains from Barkers and they have developed their product partnering with them. So in that case , I'd advise the Barkers pipe and ehs tuner as it would be the best money spent. But I run the ehs tuner , ais delete , Uni filter and an empire industries slip on and im extremely happy with the gains I've received from it. Never been on a dyno or computer, but I can tell quite a bit of difference once I added the slip on. The empire is pretty loud, but so is the Barkers. My reasoning behind going with the empire is its design allows you to repack them without drilling and replacing rivets like the Barkers. Do what fits your budget best , and do it when you are ready because it's quite an expense all at once but well worth it.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts