Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How often do most of you change your battery. I'm still on my original battery and it doesn't show any sign of weakness yet. I bought my 660 new in March of 2005 and I've never had a battery last this long before. Currently at 6500 miles and my Grizzly goes into storage each year from December through March.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Do you use a battery tender when it's in storage? That's a pretty good run you have going. I am on my original battery on my '07. It is garage kept and on a battery tender, but I don't have nearly as many miles as you. You might be in the running for longest living battery!

·
Premium Member
709 Posts
I replace my original battery for my 2004 660 last year. It may have been okay as the stator was the culprit. I keep the Grizz's indoors (heated) but I run a Battery Tender on them once a month just to make sure. I've had pretty good luck with all of my batteries (in other toys) doing the same thing.

·
Premium Member
9,288 Posts
Still on original since June '06' but it gets started every couple weeks to charge, run gas through the system and get the water hot.

C

·
0 Posts
I got 5 years out of my 1st one, but my key got left on, it went dead dead for a few weeks too long, and wasn't able to recover it. I bet it would be still going like a champ!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts