Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all,

I have a new to me 2014 grizzly 700 Special edition. The battery is weak on it, and while im trickle charging it, i expect it needs to be replaced. I believe it is the OEM battery.
I am looking at the yuasa battery that originally came in it as the replacement, but it is pretty pricey. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I plan to run a lightbar and a winch but not much else.

·
Premium Member
863 Posts
You get what you pay for, Yuasa batteries are pricy but for good reason, you could cheap out and get a great deal on a cheaper battery and end up buying another battery in a year or two, or worst stuck in the woods with a half charged battery that barely turns over your motor, been there done that, lesson learned.

·
Registered
2020 kodiak 450SE
285 Posts
I've had great luck with cheap batteries. The last cheap battery I bought was 25$, is now 3 years old, has been in the cold all winter twice, and despite the motorcycle it's in not having been run in 2 years it will still start it. Barely.. but it starts. I'm sure if I ran the bike it would come right back to life. I'd almost say that it's performed better than the stock battery which was likely a yuasa.

Your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I'd go with Yuasa, still running the OEM Japan made Yuasa in my 2011 Grizzly 10,000+ miles. Got better than 10 years from the OEM Japan made Yuasa in my 2004 Honda CRF250X dirt/trail bike.
I'm not sure but I do believe that replacement Yuasa batteries are made in USA so your mileage may vary. I will be buying one soon for my 1984 Honda CB650SC Nighthawk.
I never do a continuous trickle charge, just trickle charge on occasion during none use.

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
I've had good luck out of an Interstate gel battery....about 4 years now but I keep it on a trickle charger when not in use.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
On my 2004 660 I got 10 years off the original. I still have the original Yuasa battery in my 2013 700. I'm a fan of Yuasa batteries. I put them on a trickle charger on the first of every month and once charged I take it off. Generally not more than one day to charge & I'm done for another 30 days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts