Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So how much diffrent does a sxs drive than a atv been on my mind alot more and found a few rhinos i am in love with an never drove one so i have no idea .i love my grizz she has never once let me down just gettin old and my son seems to lile sitting in the sxs better that a friend has so i am torn

·
Grizzled
3,625 Posts
The way I see it, the best option would be to have one of both. I like having an ATV so much, that I can’t see myself not having one. But I get having the ability to take a friend or family member along, so that is where having a SxS would benefit. There are also quite a few 50” trails in CO where I prefer to ride and I would not want a 50” wide SxS. Not saying my reasoning fits yours, but these are items that keep me on an ATV.

Reactions: mainegrizz660

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i agree it is a hard thing to my the right choice i would go to the bank tomorrow to geta loan but covid there are too many unsures i own the grizzly no payments etc i hate this

Reactions: Zrt1200

·
Registered
488 Posts
I agree with RedRocket. Here in Michigan we have a lot of 50" wide trails you would never get a SXS down as the corners are to shrap for anything longer than a ATV or dirt bike. I actually seen a 50" SXS wedged in between 2 trees trying to go down a ATV trail in the middle of a corner last year.

Reactions: mainegrizz660

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Out this way my friend has a 64inch wildcat sport and there is alot of slow riding and me i take right off no issues but normally we dont go balls and hammer around . I dont hunt thia is for me and whoever i take with me an the dump body is a plus to load stuff in there tool gas bark mulch rock dirt ehhh

·
Registered
488 Posts
That dump box sure would be nice for work around the home or hunting shack

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
An thats where i am torn i am afraid if i sell or trade my grizz i will have sellers remoarse ill have to call the guy take it for a ride with him and see if i even like it

·
Registered
488 Posts
An thats where i am torn i am afraid if i sell or trade my grizz i will have sellers remoarse ill have to call the guy take it for a ride with him and see if i even like it
I can see where you are torn. Luckily for me everyone in my family likes to drive their own vehicle be it a dirt bike or ATV. My wife and I talked about a SXS but she dont like my aggressive driving and I don't like her slow driving so ATV's works for us.

·
Grizzled
3,625 Posts
My wife and I talked about a SXS but she dont like my aggressive driving and I don't like her slow driving so ATV's works for us.
LOL! That would absolutely be the case for me as well. I believe my throttle thumb has a mind of it's own.

Reactions: Zrt1200

·
Premium Member
10,384 Posts
Get it and try it, you can always sell if it's not what you want....you may lose a little $$$, but renting to demo for a day also costs $$$$$.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
My God father has a 2017 Wolverine X2 SE. I must say, at first glance it looked impressive! He took me out for a good spin around his area. Didn't take long for reality to settled in!

It was loud, slow, couldn't handle unven surfaces like our atvs and just plain boring. he offered me to drive it 5 times and I said no. I'm fine.

Really opened my eyes how good I had is even if all I had at the time was my old Grizzly 550

Reactions: reogem

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is what i am afraid of not so nibble an when i do act dumb i know my grizz darn well now an like how it handles around corners etc an that is what i am scared of the tippys roll over stuff cause i will forget i am not on my grizz

·
Registered
2017 Kodiak 700 ESP SE
559 Posts
Took my Kodiak for a long trail ride yesterday, man is that thing fun...my thumb always wants to keep the trotted pegged, just always been a speed freak which is why I use to race motorcycles. The wife has been pressuring me to get a SXS for quite a while and I guess you could say she is wearing me down. She makes great points about how it would be more practical on our property and would get used more and be easier to get work done around here. So I test drove a Yamaha Viking last week, I like everything it has to offer for all the things I would need it to do on the property, but the speed freak in me when I want to go trail riding with friends probably won’t be satisfied but at least Half the guys I ride with Have SXS’s too. Definitely as mentioned above The way to go would be to Have both, but not sure I can afford the Viking without selling the Kodiak. Still can’t decide what to do.

·
Premium Member
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lol same.boat as me lol

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
I also near fell into getting a Yamaha Wolverine and trading in my Griz for one this spring, they have some good points like hauling gear into your hunting camp and chores around the property taking the wife along for a ride, but I trail ride a lot alone on some narrow trails, I was to a Atv rally and that's were I noticed one heck of a pile of SXS's with just the driver no passengers, their SXS sagging down on the drivers side, stopping and cutting low branches and semi fallen tree's that I on my Griz could easily get under, made for a long day, seeing that was a deal breaker for me, I will stick with my Griz, the only other thing I noticed that stuck out on the rally was the SXS's could haul a bigger cooler for refreshments, to some that is the only reason they own a SXS.

·
Premium Member
7,848 Posts
I use to cringe when folks would show up with a Yoderwagon I use to stop and move branches and hold up low hanging limbs All the while they sat on their donkeys watching cause they had seat belts and doors and rolling their fat donkeys out of those Yoderwagons. Now! I duck and squeeze the trees and let them deal with the tight trails.
We do have 2 great riders that can and will plow their wagons through the bush and muck.
The first year Wolverines with the 708 have a horrible radiator set up. Can't clean it well. I personally feel the water pump doesn't have enough juice to move the water that far efficiently. We can grunt through the trails all day with out them over heating. On the ride home we run some gravel at 30-35 MPH and they almost always overheat.

Rode as a passenger about 6 miles in the new 850 Wolvie. Loud, rough, couldn't stand up, seat belt slap. Absolutely hated it.

Reactions: Vincent

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
I hear threw the rumor mill that Yamaha is working on a 50" SXS, but very very quite on the New Griz twin.

·
Registered
2017 Grizzly
344 Posts
If I had a family or always wanted to do things with others sitting next to me, one can see the draw. The downside is some of the places I like to go, they would not fit and getting into the trees is almost impossible. I was just over Haggerman Pass this Friday and saw two UTV's with six folks sitting inside each and looking scared to death and a good reason to.
For getting around the woods, tight trails, utility for firewood, downed elk and snowplowing, the Giz works just fine; besides would hate to also have to buy a new trailer, winch, plow, etc...

·
Registered
31 Posts
I really though I wanted a SxS and luckly my favorite dealer carries most brands and has a pretty extensive test area along with a few trails near by to run them through the mill. It came down to the Wolverine X4 as that checked the most boxed but in the end I picked up a Kodiak 700se and kept both my Ranchers as neither the wife or daughter wanted to be a passenger.

Reactions: reogem
1 - 20 of 25 Posts