Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone from central pa know the best Yamaha dealer shop to have my quad worked on I'm from Shamokin about 60 miles north of harrisburg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,103 Posts
The best one may have started this thread. I never worked on my own quads...until I took my 700 in for it's first service, went back the next day to pick it up and it wasn't done...they lost the radiator cap and started it and notice a leak so they wanted to keep it another day. Since then with a service manual and reading all I can on GC and bookmarking threads I may need in the future the dealer hasn't seen my machines at all and won't unless it's way out of my league, so post up what you want to do and get yourself a manual and become your own mechanic. Good luck, GC is here to help.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I posted what happened in the chassis and body fourm I'm really hoping it will be covered with the warranty

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The best one may have started this thread. I never worked on my own quads...until I took my 700 in for it's first service, went back the next day to pick it up and it wasn't done...they lost the radiator cap and started it and notice a leak so they wanted to keep it another day. Since then with a service manual and reading all I can on GC and bookmarking threads I may need in the future the dealer hasn't seen my machines at all and won't unless it's way out of my league, so post up what you want to do and get yourself a manual and become your own mechanic. Good luck, GC is here to help.
Yeah I'm slowly learning myself everyone here has been a huge help on everything I've done so far. It was neat this morning when I was doing my first clutch mod(1mm shim) and as I'm working on the bike things pop in my head about things I've read and discussed with people here. It was like I did it a hundred times already. Next fix my axle and get into the secondary to install a new spring

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Reactions: PA. GRIZZLY

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
If you did the shim, you'll be fine. Id say replacing the complete axle is similar skill level.

·
Registered
277 Posts
If you do go to shop I would stay away from dealers and just go local, find a reputable atv mechanic and use them for anything your unsure of if you feel it's over your head. Plus the grizzly has been around for awhile so I'm sure they've worked on a few. When I say reputable I'm mean like gap racing in locust gap pa, not Mountain side motorsports in trevorton. Heard nothing but bad things about those guys. Plus gap racing has a nice store completely packed with goodies. I'm sure you can handle it though and best of luck.

Reactions: Itsharv
1 - 7 of 7 Posts