Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Grizzly450eps-2014-k*n filter,lightbar,kolpinbasketrack,protapergrips,exhastpowertip.
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey im looking for a full set of wheels like rims with wheels for my grizzly 450 that are 26 inch and are under 120 for each, they have to be lightweight and alumuim

·
Registered
2020 kodiak 450SE
365 Posts
Your best bet is finding a used set of wheels/ tires on Craigslist or marketplace.

Most decent 26" tires are over 120$ a piece by themselves.. theres no way your gonna find lightweight aluminum wheels with tires for that price.

·
Premium Member
11,985 Posts
Your title and post don't go together for new, you may find used tires and wheels close to home to save on shipping.

·
Premium Member
11,985 Posts
We all do for the dollars you mentioned.
The best tire in your size range is the O.G.'s and for the last decade these cost more than your total wheel/tire combo budget. I don't think you can even find a set of new, crappy chinese knock off's for what you set the budget at.

·
Registered
2020 kodiak 450SE
365 Posts
And wheels... I'm relatively sure the lightest aluminum wheels on the market are the factory yamaha ones... and brand new they're almost 200$ a piece.

Gotta pay to play. Especially if you wanna play with top notch shit.

·
Registered
Grizzly450eps-2014-k*n filter,lightbar,kolpinbasketrack,protapergrips,exhastpowertip.
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And wheels... I'm relatively sure the lightest aluminum wheels on the market are the factory yamaha ones... and brand new they're almost 200$ a piece.

Gotta pay to play. Especially if you wanna play with top notch shit.
I found a full set off wheels there maxxis Zilla there 90 a piece they fit to

·
Premium Member
11,985 Posts
What is the hole pattern? and off-set?

·
Registered
944 Posts
I found a full set off wheels there maxxis Zilla there 90 a piece they fit to
That's a tire, not a wheel. A wheel is also called a rim.

What size zillas did you find for $90 new? Where?
Again, you won't finda light weight rim for what you have left in your budget.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That's a tire, not a wheel. A wheel is also called a rim.

What size zillas did you find for $90 new? Where?
Again, you won't finda light weight rim for what you have left in your budget.

[/QUO

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
On motor sport and the size is 25 mad 26 inch there's a option
Zillas tend to measure short.... A 26" will actually be a 25" and a 25" will actually be a 24" tall tire...just something to consider

·
Registered
944 Posts
On motor sport and the size is 25 mad 26 inch there's a option
So you do realize that only a 25" front zilla is $90 right? The 25" rear is $110.
Cd is you go to 26" zillas, they are $120+ each.

So as we mentioned earlier, your original buget for tires & rims is not realistic.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Zillas tend to measure short.... A 26" will actually be a 25" and a 25" will actually be a 24" tall tire...just something to conside
So you do realize that only a 25" front zilla is $90 right? The 25" rear is $110.
Cd is you go to 26" zillas, they are $120+ each.

So as we mentioned earlier, your original buget for tires & rims is not realistic.

Thank and sorry man I'm learning by the day

·
Registered
944 Posts
No worries, we are here to try to help and guide you in the right direction.

Looking for the cheapest tire isn't always the right choice. What kind of riding you do effects the choice of your. If you just plan to run mud hokes, then a trail tire is no good, opposite is the same, if you mainly trail ride, a mud tire is going to wreak havoc on your spine and chatter the teeth out of your head.
A lot of guys, myself included, ride 80-90% trail, with the occasional mud hole to get through so we go with an all terrain tire like a maxxis bighorn, bearclaw htr, or a reptile radial just to make a few. The zillas you looked at kind of fall in there, as they do really well in mud, but are an ok trail tire as they always have aportion of the lug in contact with the ground, most mud tires are kind of rough ride as the lugs are spaced further a part so you briefly have no ground contact, then lug in ground, then nothing. Like washboard on a road or riding railroad ties.

If the rims on your bike are ok right now, not bent, holding air. I would highly suggest investing in the best tire you can for your riding conditions, then save up and get a nice set of wheels later on. Much better than compromising on both now and not really being happy.
Sometimes a can of paint can make them old rims look pretty nice, especially with a new set of shoes wrapped around them.

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
If tire price is a concern, stay out of the mud, avoid a mud tire, and just enjoy your machine. And trail riding, my first Grizzly was a 450, great machine, my Dad still has his.

If you beat on it, expect a lot of down time waiting for the cash to catch up to the repairs.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If tire price is a concern, stay out of the mud, avoid a mud tire, and just enjoy your machine. And trail riding, my first Grizzly was a 450, great machine, my Dad still has his.

If you beat on it, expect a lot of down time waiting for the cash to catch up to the repairs.
I'ma just buy zill amaxis 15 inch

1 - 20 of 24 Posts