Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a NOS set of yamaha over fenders but they state they are for 2001-2006. Am I missing something? I thought 2000-2006 big bears were the same.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
It depends on what country you are in.
The Big Bear went through a few changes in the late 90's and early 2000's. Some models were not available in the USA at certain times.
The Big Bear 400 "Professional" was one of those models. It was available in Canada until 2004/2005. This model name was never available in USA. The "Professional" model plastics are different than the regular Big Bear 400. The "Professional" model was the old Kodiak 400 dual range model with a Big Bear sticker on it.
I believe the regular Big Bear 400 was not available in USA in 2000. But I could be wrong on that one.

But to answer your question, the plastics were the same on the Big Bear 400 from 2000-2006. Actually, the 1996-1999 Kodiak single range models (not the dual range transmission models) have almost the same plastics. Most will fit the newer Big Bear 400.

All this model naming changes happened when the Kodiak became an all new automatic model in 2000.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone know what fender plastics will fit my 2004 Big Bear 400 Professional. I see that apparently the "Professional models" won't fit the other big bear models. If someone knows please let me know. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
11,898 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
What's the professional package? More info might help others reply.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
What's the professional package? More info might help others reply.
I’m not really sure. I know that it still falls under the model number YFM400FW but I read online somewhere that they made the “professional model” only in Canada during 2004 because it was really just a grizzly 400. So I’m not sure if my plastics would fit from a regular 2004 big bear or off of a 2004 grizzly. The sticker on my quad literally says “Yamaha Big Bear 400 Professional”.
Thanks for the welcome and for reaching out!!

·
Premium Member
11,898 Posts
My '06' 660 had a sticker label 'Outdoorsman Package' or something like that. The package was extra equipment over the base model which was a gun boot and grill guard and sticker. It was 50 bucks more and didn't require different plastics like all other packages/trim levels I remember. Like the camo griz, the pattern was a wrap over the stock plastics with painted wheels, or an L.E. or S.E. with different wheels or a windshield maybe....the plastics bolt up the same way.
Maybe Canadian dealers had something different in their offering that year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts