Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I had the opportunity to go ride the Bighorn Mountains near Burgess Junction Wyoming. What a beautiful place! A big variety of trails and terrain to ride. I would recommend to anyone wanting to ride in Wyoming the Bighorn Mountains should be on their bucket list. In fact I enjoyed the Bighorn Mountains more than riding the Paiute Trail. Here's some pictures....enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
More pictures....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More Pictures

Attachments

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Still more pictures....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've always considered myself a pretty good rider. But it takes immense skill to balance a grizzly in this manner.....just ask @rwreuter! LOL!

If you aren't sure what you're looking at, that's a grizzly making love to a ram! LOL!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,262 Posts
That could have hurt if he hit the tree.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've always considered myself a pretty good rider. But it takes immense skill to balance a grizzly in this manner.....just ask @rwreuter! LOL!

If you aren't sure what you're looking at, that's a grizzly making love to a ram! LOL!
I always thought that when somebody said hold my beer and watch this some form of injury would be the outcome. Obviously a skilled rider can overcome this. Possible future as an atv advanced skill course riding instructor???

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Last week I had the opportunity to go ride the Bighorn Mountains near Burgess Junction Wyoming. What a beautiful place! A big variety of trails and terrain to ride. I would recommend to anyone wanting to ride in Wyoming the Bighorn Mountains should be on their bucket list. In fact I enjoyed the Bighorn Mountains more than riding the Paiute Trail. Here's some pictures....enjoy!
Hey..Ransom...Thanks for sharing your pic's.

·
Registered
16 Posts

Great Pics wish I could have made it out to WY. But a week in the Black Hills was all I could get away. Hopefully next year.

Paul

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I only wish there was video of the landing. Hope no one was hurt.
Rio,

Neither the rider, grizzly or truck were hurt. Incredibly lucky. It took 3 of us to get the Grizzly unloaded and unscathed.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Great Pics wish I could have made it out to WY. But a week in the Black Hills was all I could get away. Hopefully next year.

Paul
Custer peak view is awesome and you have to do some searching to find other great long distance views in the Black Hills. The Big Horns are great views all day long. Both are bucket list rides just different. Big Horns great distance views, Black Hills great scenic views, more riding in valleys and along streams and far more trails to ride on since they are hills. Both are great.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here are a few more pictures. Our group consisted of me, rwreuter, wvmtwins, Badass Bruce and another couple from Illinois driving the RZR.

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
Le Ann had as much mud on her helmet as the RZR had on the roof. The creek / atv wash sure came in handy. I've never had that much mud stuck to a atv before. Took 20 min just to clean off the top of the helmet.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey Ransom, When I was a young man I made a trek each year to the BigHorns to hunt elk. Haven't been back in 30yrs. You stirred my memories, think I may have to go back next summer, God willing. Thank You Oh did you stay at Burgess or camp?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey Ransom, When I was a young man I made a trek each year to the BigHorns to hunt elk. Haven't been back in 30yrs. You stirred my memories, think I may have to go back next summer, God willing. Thank You Oh did you stay at Burgess or camp?
Okiecat,

I stayed at Arrowhead Lodge in one of their rustic cabins. Next time I go I could see pulling my camper out there. A ton of great camp spots. Thanks for the kind words, it’s definitely a beautiful place to visit!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Looks like a great time and always entertaining. Glad everyone was safe and had a good time I can't wait to get healthy and back riding soon it's always a great time riding with you guy's!!!!:rocker:

·
Registered
891 Posts
Looks like a wonderful trip! Thanks for sharing all those great pictures @RansomP. Looks like the "car wash" was plenty deep too.

·
Registered
711 Posts
The riding and the group were spectacular! Big Horns are definitely a place you want to ride. There spectacular views just about everywhere you looked.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts