Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Anyone see any issues with blocking the AIS this way? I took a 3" x 1/2" diameter bolt and cut the head off. I just put the nut in the middle as something to butt the ends of the hose against.
A bolt is typically difficult to get air-tight because of the threads, even with the bolt in the middle. A smooth surface to clamp against is much better.

DEWFPO

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I used a piece of threaded rod, silicone and a few clamps. Honestly I don't notice much difference. Some, yes, but it still back fires a small amount on Deceleration.

I have an EHS fuel controller and what I do notice is if I richen it up, it back fires more. So I somehow fuel is still burning in the exhaust. If I run it a tick less than Eric's recommended setting for low speed then it pops less. I run it where it should be and put up with the popping.

I know the bolt is making a good seal because I pressure tested it with a compressor. It would blow the hose off of the compressor blow gun with me holding with my hand and the bolt plug did not leak. Soooo where is the air coming from ?

I have read lots on it. Most will say its an exhaust leak its drawing air in as the exhaust passes by. My machine has no visual leaks but I'm not energetic enough to strip it all down to find a possible tiny leak around a pipe fitting. The popping will have to get worse to annoy me enough to care that much.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts