Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having the same problem with the terminal fuse blowing on my 07 Yamaha 660 grizzly , I'm thinking its a wire grounding out, if any one would know where terminal fuse wires end at coming from the fuse box ?plz let me know , thanks

·
Premium Member
12,259 Posts
I'm having the same problem with the terminal fuse blowing on my 07 Yamaha 660 grizzly , I'm thinking its a wire grounding out, if any one would know where terminal fuse wires end at coming from the fuse box ?plz let me know , thanks
Welcome from Colorado.
I suggest starting at the fuse and follow the wire to find the place it is rubbed through. Others have had to do this too.
Some times old threads don't get much response, we'll see if others have other ideas.

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Your best option is too remove all the plastics are start tracing wires, starting from whatever fuse is blowing, until you find the wire that is chafed/shorting.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Had the same problem on my 06. It was idling in the driveway getting ready to load and stopped. Found the fuse blown, put a new one in and blew immediately. Let it sit a week, then started taking plastics off to trace wires. Didn't find anything obvious, put a new fuse in and it worked. Rode an hour and didn't blow, so I don't know what the heck happened.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you ever get the grizzly figured out ? I have a 03 grizzly and its doing the same thing..i removed the complete wiring harness looking for any damaged wires ,,i found a few and fixed them but still blows the fuse,,i traced the wire to some kind of sensor on the right side of the engine.2 bolts hold it in ..i cant find out what part it is ...

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
Did you ever get the grizzly figured out ? I have a 03 grizzly and its doing the same thing..i removed the complete wiring harness looking for any damaged wires ,,i found a few and fixed them but still blows the fuse,,i traced the wire to some kind of sensor on the right side of the engine.2 bolts hold it in ..i cant find out what part it is ...
Take a picture of the component and post it. We can then answer what it is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2002 Grizzly 660 blows the terminal fuse when I turn the key on. What is the terminal anyway. Can’t find it in the book. Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
12,259 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
You have a short somewhere.
I suggest you start a new thread about your problem and post some pictures of the fuse block your working around. Also a signature listing your machine and mods will help us help you. A signature appears in every post you make so we can keep up with your ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts