Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all
I have been dealing with this problem for a few weeks now. The initial problem was it wouldn't turn over so I pulled the spark plug and it shot water out of the spark plug hole. So that lead me to believe that it was a blown head gasket so replaced that had the head resurfaced and installed everything back torqued in order and everything cranks up fine but after it warms up it starts steaming out the exhaust. Anybody have any idea of what could possibly be the problem?

·
Registered
2017 Kodiak 700 ESP SE
558 Posts
You may have coolant leaking into the cylinder. Coolant level going down? Any water/coolant in the oil?

·
Premium Member
10,355 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
The head/head gasket was not the only failed part....
Inspect the cylinder too.

·
Premium Member
7,834 Posts
hello all
.......The initial problem was it wouldn't turn over so I pulled the spark plug and it shot water out of the spark plug hole.
@Johnson746 Welcome to GC from Wisconsin.

What machine are you working on.
Consider setting up your signature that describes your machine.

How long have you ridden the machine since the head gasket repair?
When the engine is hydro lock as yours was there is a lot of coolant in the cylinder. Some coolant that may have gotten passed the valves.
There maybe coolant in the exhaust system that will need to be blown and boiled out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The cylinder is new changed the cylinder piston and rings. Another strange thing is im not getting any bubbles from the radiator like you would with a blowed head gasket. Once it warms up it like a fog machine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is a 2008 grizzly 660. I ridden it since the change I've only started it up and let it idle

·
Premium Member
10,355 Posts
Like reogem said above, the exhaust pipe/muffler might be full of coolant needing to burn off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts